300 rwhp

busagrrrrrrr

Registered
Hi all. I have a 2005 busa with 2004 plastic. My motor is stock, 4-6 inch stretch, lowered rear, undertail, risers in front, 3 firmer springs in clutch pack, power commander 3, full muzzy exhaust, and muzzy aluminum fan. I have a set of web cams specd' @ .395/.378, grind # 483/536 that I've never installed. I recently had my chain come off while street racing so I need a "Chain Break Kit". So, since I have to fix it at some point anyways, I was thinking of improvements. I am looking to get 300 rwhp WITHOUT NITROUS. I would like to know what possible combos could give me these numbers or as close as possible to the 300rwhp. Im open to all suggestions except NITROUS. I would like to do this on motor alone or motor/turbo combo. What do you guys suggest. Thanks in advance.

You can get 300hp but you will NEVER ride it on the street again without going turbo. All Motor can be done but not streetable.. I have a like new stage 2 kit if you really wanna make some power for sale... Kit has less than 700 street miles on it and has a complete high end water injection kit with it... you can make 400 hp then,lol.

@GoldenChild....will this kit be streetable as well. What kind of price and what if any additional cost am I looking at? I'm looking to ride long distance as well as all-day with the occasional street race. Is this going to be reliable or race only and what about my transmission?

@GoldenChild....will this kit be streetable as well. What kind of price and what if any additional cost am I looking at? I'm looking to ride long distance as well as all-day with the occasional street race. Is this going to be reliable or race only and what about my transmission?

The stage 2 i have is a turbo kit, and yes you can make it where you can ride around all day, make long trips and make big blast all you want. you will need to build your motor up.

my initial plan was a 1397 kit, polished and ported head with a turbo but i was concerned about the details like valves spring packages , valve guides, what pistons, can it be stroked (08 busa crank) and the like. any additional info would be great. :poke:trying to make a list that way i get everything i need and nothing i dont.???

my initial plan was a 1397 kit, polished and ported head with a turbo but i was concerned about the details like valves spring packages , valve guides, what pistons, can it be stroked (08 busa crank) and the like. any additional info would be great. :poke:trying to make a list that way i get everything i need and nothing i dont.???

You first have to decide how much power you actually can afford, set a budget, figure how much reliability you want and whether you want a street bike with big power or a streetable bike with big power, then find a good builder explain to him what you want...If he's good then he will know how to get you there... ask 50 people what they think you should do, you will get 50 different answers and equations.. :thumbsup:

No stroke needed with a turbo...

i've never heard of a 1397 or 1441 (1397 with an 08 crank) making anywhere near 300 hp without spray. turbos make it all the time. a supercharger would get you there too.

New plan. I want to do all motor since turbo might give me away on the street racing. I'm in my 40's:clap: and riding almost daily will be the main purpose while weekend street racing with the locals:spank:. I don't want NITROUS as that will limit when I can be RACE READY. I don't want to have to fill a bottle to get the max from my bike. I'm more on the mechanical/electronics side. I plan on running two custom maps in my Power Commander. One for daily riding and one for racing. I have already purchased some WEB CAMS. The specs are 395/378, grind #483/536. What is max ""cc"" motor size that I can run with these cams. What kind of compression ratio would I be looking at. What does this package cost and consist of? Will consider just about anything at this point.:please: Give me some suggestions Gurus.:bowdown:: Thanks in advance.

Daily rider bike, I'd go 1441. Simple and reliable.

You'll need a piston kit and machined block $900-999

08-11 Crank (Pricing anywhere from 400-800)

I'd spend the money on headwork, $500-$1500 depending on who does it and how extensive it is.

Valvesprings $125

Headstuds aren't required, but I would install in case you do go nitrous one day.

Spacer plate to use larger crank $50-$80

Gaskets, bearings, new timing chain(not required) $600-$700

Install turnkey $1500 probably

Tuning $300-$500

Also would recommend a second battery setup to avoid hard hot starts.

I didn't hit every option, but that should be fairly close for most 1441 setups.

Check out Carpenter racing... they do amazing work and have package deals, or will customize ur build.. good ppl who really know their stuff

What is the max horsepower that got be gotten from 1397 with degreeable cams, port and polished head, and a good dyno tune?

First thing your not going to get street riding power your looking for without a turbo! All motor the most hp i've heard of is Bob Carpenter race motor 290hp. If your in the tri-state area go to my man Frank at Powerhouse he will get you going fast!

Back