24 volt Conversion, BEST Mod EVER!!

You are correct! You should stick to riding your bike as mechanical issues don't seem to be your forte? There is a reason why liquid filled batteries are not void of air. Maybe you should research that aspect before criticizing folks who disagree with your attempt to jury rig an obvious issue with your machine.

Because someone disagrees with you doesn't mean they are attacking you. Posting up some backyard jury riggin and expecting praise for your mechanical skills is not a wise thing for a man that can't take criticism. :dunno:

Please, link us to a thread in the archives where you got the idea of mounting a liquid battery on it's side.

John and Tuf have this right, liquid on it's side is not a great idea, nor will it work long term. Gel battery or something like a Shorai and you're back on the right track, currently you are not. Sometimes people come across the wrong way, I'm certain in this case you're getting raised ebrows and comments because you are in the wrong. Personally I don't really mind if you want to have this mounted up this way, but you won't get any praise for job well done as...it's really not.

If you weren't so tangled up in being called out for doing this the way you did you would see perfect strangers trying to save you from the headache you likely caused yourself; but if you wish we'll ignore your thread asking how to fix this in a few months..

Yuasa Batteries :: FAQ's
Yuasa Batteries :: FAQ's

:rofl::rofl: So you installed a second battery because you were having starting issues? Then installed the second battery on its side? Your bike should start perfectly fine with one battery. You still have problems in your bike! What kind of primary battery do you have in the bike? I assume you changed the starter power and ground cables also?

That's like putting a big bandaid over a flesh eating bacteria and saying it is all good.

Ever put together a new battery, and pour in the acid, then install the caps? That's not exactly a 100% sealed system, it's just plastic caps man, it can and probably will leak out. Bonne chance though, I think a gel battery would be fine like that, but I wouldn't risk a lead/acid on it's side.

My Speed Triple came with an acid filled battery that Triumph laid down on it's side. That thing always had me worried, never leaked though...

*under the seat
T5.jpg

Back