24/7 ?

06BUSA

BlackBird rider, lol
Donating Member
Registered
Crap. Just got to work. Then find out, the only other Chief operator went to the hospital around 4am from work. We do around the clock operation. We dont shut down. 4 people qualified to do this job, 2 on vacation. Now one in the hospital. Those 12hr shifts just went to 16's. Not sure what they plan on doing about the other 8hrs each day. I told them to get me a cot. More mod's out there that I need, OK want.

Look at my work schedule in the 15th post.

<!--EDIT|06BUSA
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153431575 -->

Depending on how long you have to do 16 hour days your body will adjust to it. The hard part is getting your body back to a normal routine. When I use to do those kind of shifts and do them alot I would have to take one whole day and sleep 12 just for my body to re-adjust.

Better rest all you can on your off time. Here we do 12hrs a day 7 days a week. Never a day off unless you request it. You'll adjust but it's gonna suck.
biggrin.gif

As someone said, your body will adjust

I have been on a carrier working the flight deck (with breaks of course) from 0500 till around 2300, get a few hours sleep (like 4) then back up for the next days schedule.

Only did this for like a week at a time and every once in awhile during the day you could get maybe 30 minute nap in the shop.. but... the human body adapts amazingly when needed
biggrin.gif

Good luck

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1153410921 -->

Why give your life for an inhumane company that doesn't care if you live well or die? They need an outside resource to hire temporarily to fill in for emergencies like this.

DON'T BE A COG, MON!!

They will meat grind you, and when you are done, they'll spit you out and grind the next one.

... but if you are getting Overtime, cool
smile.gif

Adjust? I should post up my work schedule. You wont believe it. Got send home and the Supervisor is filling in with his Op tech doubled up. I will be going back around 4pm and working Aft & Mid night shift. The 12 hr week was gonna be cake. Now 16's thru monday. If they didn't pay so good, well blep,blep and blep those blepping bleps.
mad.gif

I already have 540+ OT hours this year. Yes this stuff gets old very fast. This week will be a friking 96 hour week.
I have the schedule on a excel or word. Dont know how to post it up.

As someone said, your body will adjust

I have been on a carrier working the flight deck (with breaks of course) from 0500 till around 2300, get a few hours sleep (like 4) then back up for the next days schedule.

Only did this for like a week at a time and everyone once in awhile during the day you could get maybe 30 minute nap in the shop.. but... the human body adapts amazingly when needed
biggrin.gif

Good luck
Your right. I have seen your posting and it looks like you have military background. I know you have been there. And to thrasherfox and all the other Military people out there I thank you.

hmmm, 'work, eat, sleep'....i know that schedule...did 12 hrs 6 days a week, plus a 5-hour night job four nights a week (only 3 overlapped) for a month to get enuf $$ to finally get my Busa. was it worth it???

HE11 F'kn YEAH!!! I know its rough now dude-I cant imagine 16 straight...but do what I did-make up some pics of all the s**t you're gonna buy when you get done with all the slave labor, and carry it in your pocket. Whenever you start feelin down, tired, exhuasted...pull out those pics, and dream!
smile.gif

good luck man!

I only work 8 hour days. I am the lead batchmaker for a paint plant and I have been short 2 guys for the past year. I can't get the plant manager to hire anybody else because we are getting all the work done. We only get it done at my bodies expense, it is hotter than hell in there and I am running around like a mad man doing all these different jobs. It just so happens that next week the guy that runs our reactor is on vacation, and guess who is the only other guy that can operate it....me
sad.gif

Gotta slow down 300. Make them hire another or get OT out of the deal.
When they fired 2 guys when I was at Dow. 2 of us got it done, but we split the afternoon shift for a few months. But they cut us down to 10hrs each. That is when I started slowing down and looking for a new job. They were only a 5 day a week place. The oil refinery never shutsdown.

used to work for homeland security building in Va...12/6 days a week was worth it...every penny
biggrin.gif

Dayum...my position is 'exempt'...no OT for me
sad.gif

...and being in IT, there's plenty of OT!

Sounds like a typical work week for us on the RR. No set schedule though. It would be kinda nice to know when you are going to go to work.

I will show you my schedule. And I never know what I'm working cause ot. Find out Thursday to Saturday what I will be working the following week.
On any given week. I work days, aft, and the midnight shift. Not a good sleep pattern. Never seem to get both of my days off in a week.
Use to work 12's at a plant that closed. My neighbors asked if I still worked there when we went on 12's. Had more free time then I knew what to do with.

Mon   Tue   Wed   Thur   Fri   Sat   Sun
 x       M       M      M     M     x       D
 D       D       D      D     D     ?       x
 A       A       A       x      x     M      M
 M       x       x       A      A     A      A

X=OFF
?=OPEN SHIFT SOME ONE MUST MORK IT.
D=6AM-2PM
A=2PM-10PM
M=10PM-6AM

exempt position here, the wifey kills me on her paycheck with OT and bonus money each month.

Back