2008 busa

flamethrowingsmiley.gif
PM -->
Commuta_Busa @ Feb. 08 2008 said:
1289051[/ATTACH] PM]
tybalt - unless you've got the same experience, the same bike, with the same conditions you're not gonna see 201 or 202. It's not like they took the bike out and banged a 200+ out the gate.

The setup that Greg mentioned is in an effort for the average joe to go 200+ more consistantly.
+5    
winkold.gif
I give respect to experience, however i dont believe it s going to translate to 10-15 mph top end difference with same K8 busas 100% open throttle, red lined.both busas topped out. experince may get you topped out quicker to 200 mph,but it doesnt change the performance of the same machines, marginally perhaps,
hello.gif

flamethrowingsmiley.gif

see you are comparing riders, not the K8 busas themselves! all k8's should be equal out of the crate? yes? same mods, upgrades=same performance , the rider is a totally different factor/element and fine, Forsure84 wanted to know what his K8 needs to get over 200 mph, I'll agree to disagree that he needs to spend over $4k pulling out the motor and rebuilding it to do it.  
cool.gif

in the end, experince may get you to open the throttle 100% quicker, experience may get you to 200 mph quicker, but when 2 equal bikes are topped out 100% open throttle in a straight line, equal machines, there is not going to be a signifcant difference in the end result just who got there faster! again wont translate to 10-15 mph difference redlined out, gearing is maxed.

I will keep track of which average Joe's do it this season since we Land Speed Race. The average weight for Hayabusa owners is 225lbs pretty much the same for the ZX-14. Thats a lot of people not running anything close to 200 MPH at Maxton this year unless you are packing some extra power. Its the same ole theory of bringing a knife to a gunfight.
guns.gif

Don't forget about the cost (and time) to make a 200+ mph bike compliant with land speed racing rules. Brock had hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into prep. Dave O played with the Innovate and PCIII for a long time to get 200 HP on that motor. Chain gaurds, valve stems, safety wiring, tires... there is a whole lot that goes into going that fast.

See ya at Maxton in the spring

Don't forget about the cost (and time) to make a 200+ mph bike compliant with land speed racing rules.  Brock had hundreds of hours and thousands of dollars into prep.  Dave O played with the Innovate and PCIII for a long time to get 200 HP on that motor.  Chain gaurds, valve stems, safety wiring, tires... there is a whole lot that goes into going that fast.

See ya at Maxton in the spring
We are doing some racing overseas this season may not make any Maxton events but we have two bikes we tuned headed that way. Best of luck to all. It looks a whole lot easier from the side lines for sure.  
thumb_up.gif

Ti-Force 4-2-1-2 exhaust (dual cans), thinner head gasket or slightly milled head with head porting and valve job and a set of cams. You will need a custom map for this set-up for sure. Should get you around 200. Add a set of CR10EK plugs..

if you want more there is always a 1-2-3-4-MM over bore and  minor or major crank work.
If you milled my head or thinner head gasket, what could I expect for compression ratio?

Ti-Force 4-2-1-2 exhaust (dual cans), thinner head gasket or slightly milled head with head porting and valve job and a set of cams. You will need a custom map for this set-up for sure. Should get you around 200. Add a set of CR10EK plugs..

if you want more there is always a 1-2-3-4-MM over bore and  minor or major crank work.
If you milled my head or thinner head gasket, what could I expect for compression ratio?
if a head gasket is .3mm thinner than stock, raises the compression approximately .5 to .75 of a point as a ballpark..

225 rear wheel realistic HP!    
thumb_up.gif

Custom Grind Web Cams - $825
PCIII - $295
Heavy Duty Valve Springs - $200
Cam Sprockets - $165
CNC Pro Head - $1350
Labor - $1350 w/tuning

Total - $4185

Ti-Force 4-2-1-2 retail $1899.00.
respectively Greg, if Brock runs over 200 mph(202) with none of those upgrades you listed on No engine work(stock motor)then why need those so mentioned upgrades? how far can a stock busa be from already 202 mph? it seems unnessesary? Foresure wanted to know to get 200 mph-210, it seems he could achieve tha twith out spending over 4K in upgrades?

just a friendly discussion
hello.gif
 -Duane

* for over 4K it gets you a stage 1 turbo kit(not including tuning)
Duane,

Absolutely no comment. I would take my chances with the 4K over thinking everyone will be able to go 200 MPH with just bolt-ons and no motor work at all. Saw the same Maxton result with the ZX-14 last year and no one in the entire world was able to repeat the same results with the same "bolt-ons", many many tried.  
sadnews.gif
Yeah. Never take anything at face value. Lots of BS out there. Guinness listed the original at a top speed of 193mph, but most other sources only came up with mid 180's. Lots of HP numbers thrown out too. I had a D&D on my '02 and read that they didn't make much power. Switched to a Brock and gained a mind boggling 2 HP, and yes, that was on the same dyno, same operator (Note: switch from small airbox mod to large mod added an extra HP which was a far better bang for the buck).
I'd say Greg is right on his power guess to reliably bust into the 200's. For those who haven't done the math, it takes more that 16% more power to go 200 than it does to go 190 (it's a cubic law).

I plan to do some 1-mile events with a stock 08 and will go in stages for mods. I'll let you guys know what it takes for a 200-220lb guy to go 200mph...
cool.gif

wow 4200 just for 10-20 more hp does this take away the durability of the motor also
argue.gif

No but maybe this month...
sad.gif

foresure84....these guys are talking about 0-1 mile races. It takes less than 200rwhp+ to go over 200mph but you are going to need longer than 1-mile of distance to pull it with less power.
thumb_up.gif

Back