2006 hayabusa losing to a stock 07 GSXR 600

thinblueline

Registered
Hey guys have a little problem that I need your advice on I have a 2006 hayabusa the only Mod I have done to it was I fell for "lord Humongous" and his stupid exhaust I purchased them and put them on my bike with a stock header mind you nothing else done to the bike (no power commander). The pipes sound good but I really got my feelings hurt by a friend of mines bike. He has a 2007 gsxr 600 pretty much stock, its lowered, stretched, with an arrow full exhaust system thats it. Well we were on the interstate the other day and we raced taking off from about 75 mph up to about 130 mph. Thinking that he wouldnt stand a chance I proceeded to look straight and then we I thought that I had embarrased him enough I looked next to me only to find that he was still beside me. Are the pipes killing that much HP? Any help at all guys would be great and if its the pipes how much HP do you think I'm losing?
Thanks again guys.

:banghead:

Last edited:
First, get rid of the lord retard exhaust. Second, you are at a disadvantage with weight but that shouldn't cause you to lose.

:welcome:

That's hard to say, but they sure as hell arent giving you any at all. Not to be a prick but you wasted your money on them. Live and learn though.:thumbsup:

hey guys have a little problem that i need your advice on i have a 2006 hayabusa the only mod i have done to it was i fell for "lord humongous" and his stupid exhaust i purchased them and put them on my bike with a stock header mind you nothing else done to the bike (no power commander). The pipes sound good but i really got my feelings hurt by a friend of mines bike. He has a 2007 gsxr 600 pretty much stock, its lowered, stretched, with an arrow full exhaust system thats it. Well we were on the interstate the other day and we raced taking off from about 75 mph up to about 130 mph. Thinking that he wouldnt stand a chance i proceeded to look straight and then we i thought that i had embarrased him enough i looked next to me only to find that he was still beside me. Are the pipes killing that much hp? Any help at all guys would be great and if its the pipes how much hp do you think i'm losing?
Thanks again guys.

::11::11::11

Actually the Lord Piece of Crap Exhaust Felt Stronger..........But I have an 08.

I am Now back to the Original Exhaust because of an OH **** MOMENT but they were not that Bad..........Only Problem is that they are Really Freakin Loud. Even the Silent Killers he is Trying to SELL Now :2cents:

Weight and you mentioned some mods. Maybe he didn't mention the 40 shot, or other internals, anyway 75 to 130 you were in second gear , right. Then there's always the 75 to 160 run :whistle:

Most guys on the slammed , stretched 600's are running a reduced gear as well.

nope I know the guy very well as well as the bike its bone stock except for the full exhaust come on guys help did I relly loose that much HP with near open exhaust?

i would say no more then 10 hp at the most but you gained a little with the weight loss from the stock cans... if i'm wrong someone will chime in... btw you should have been in second if you know how to ride he shouldn't have been anywhere around you.... :thumbsup:

Lord huge dikkhead's mod is a joke! He belongs on the WWF which is also a joke! :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Sounds to me like something is wrong with your bike or he has some things going on that he is not telling you. I can leave a 600 for dead and not ever gear down. ???

What is the weight of both riders? What gear were you in and at what rpm? What rpm did you shift at?

I agree with the gear. you have not stated what gear you were in?

if nothing is wrong with your bike and you were in second gear you should have pulled him.

If you were not in second gear then my guess is that was your problem

I agree with the gear. you have not stated what gear you were in?

if nothing is wrong with your bike and you were in second gear you should have pulled him.

If you were not in second gear then my guess is that was your problem

I think thrash has hit the target. My guess is that if you were starting at 75 you were in probably in a higher gear. No worries just hit him again.

Hey guys have a little problem that I need your advice on I have a 2006 hayabusa the only Mod I have done to it was I fell for "lord Humongous" and his stupid exhaust I purchased them and put them on my bike with a stock header mind you nothing else done to the bike (no power commander). The pipes sound good but I really got my feelings hurt by a friend of mines bike. He has a 2007 gsxr 600 pretty much stock, its lowered, stretched, with an arrow full exhaust system thats it. Well we were on the interstate the other day and we raced taking off from about 75 mph up to about 130 mph. Thinking that he wouldnt stand a chance I proceeded to look straight and then we I thought that I had embarrased him enough I looked next to me only to find that he was still beside me. Are the pipes killing that much HP? Any help at all guys would be great and if its the pipes how much HP do you think I'm losing?
Thanks again guys.

I few things that come in to mind from me:

1. Maybe you don't have a drag racing mentality & he might
2. Maybe you are looking @ the consequence as apposed to the win.
3. Maybe as stated there is a major issue with your bike & he has more mods than confessed.

JMO

Last edited:
2. Maybe you are looking @ the consequence as apposed to the win.

JMO

I was trying to remember....on my '05 (42T/HMF) it seemed the front would come up a little if I hit it hard at 75 in 2nd. It's good to get to know what the bike will do in most situations; does wonders for the "pondering of consequences" :).

Back