2006 GSX-R1000 Front forks

05BusaLe

Too much time to kill and money to spend
Donating Member
Registered
Stupid question but are they the same diameter and length as the busa forks? Was thinking of upgrading to radial mounted brakes! I have a friend with a set cheap!!!

Also will the busa front fender and wheel fit the GSXR forks?

Why want the radial brakes replace the Busa brakes
rock.gif
? Seems like you need to measure the difference between the two and the spring rating I know will need to be changed. Sounds like alot of trouble for very little benefit on the street to me
wink.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 17 2007,17:52) Why want the radial brakes replace the Busa brakes
rock.gif
? Seems like you need to measure the difference between the two and the spring rating I know will need to be changed. Sounds like alot of trouble for very little benefit on the street to me
wink.gif
Well the radial brakes are an upgrade, and the most important part of wanting to do this swap is the lower half of the forks are black. I would have the top half's powder coated black. This would look schweeeeeet on my stelth bomber Busa!

You better also check the trailing measurements also. If it's shorter it will change the Busa to a quicker steering, maybe good, maybe bad --- don't know. But with the Busas weight I like a lazier turn in (called forgiving)  at high speed  
beerchug.gif

(DaCol. @ Feb. 18 2007,07:14) You better also check the trailing measurements also. If it's shorter it will change the Busa to a quicker steering, maybe good, maybe bad --- don't know. But with the Busas weight I like a lazier turn in (called forgiving)  at high speed  
beerchug.gif
+1

Your rake/trail/wheelbase may be a little different. Might cause a slightly headshake happy busa.

I know 2001-2002 GSXR forks will slide in the busa tripples, but I don't know if the 06 forks will. You will more than likely have to get the complete front end from the gixxer. The axle/wheel/rotors/fender will not work from the busa. It would be a involved swap. You would also have to change out master cylinders to get the most from the new brakes.

(black954 @ Feb. 18 2007,11:45) I know 2001-2002 GSXR forks will slide in the busa tripples, but I don't know if the 06 forks will. You will more than likely have to get the complete front end from the gixxer. The axle/wheel/rotors/fender will not work from the busa. It would be a involved swap. You would also have to change out master cylinders to get the most from the new brakes.
Well that sux!

Alot of work but can be done...Call the shop Tuesday...or pm me for my cell #

(05BusaLe @ Feb. 18 2007,09:06)
(black954 @ Feb. 18 2007,11:45) I know 2001-2002 GSXR forks will slide in the busa tripples, but I don't know if the 06 forks will. You will more than likely have to get the complete front end from the gixxer. The axle/wheel/rotors/fender will not work from the busa. It would be a involved swap. You would also have to change out master cylinders to get the most from the new brakes.
Well that sux!
would be VERY easy if you just get the complete frontend.....

"Forks" can not change "Rake"...as "Rake" is "an angle" which is dictated by your upper/lower triple clamps.

However..."The O.A.L." (overall length) of the fork (both "free state" & "compressed") can and dpoes affect "Trail".

But...if the G1K forks are set to the same free state length as the stock busa forks (measured axel CL to lower triple) the "trail" should remain consistant provided the appropriate spring rates are selected (which will retain compressed trail) and static sag numbers are preserved..then it's a go...and one huge bene of this mod could be that you gain "Overall Fork Travel"...as the stock o.e.m. busa forks only have about 4.7 inches of travel while many liter classers out the have upwards of 5.6 inches of fork travel...which in turn would allow you to go with a more forgiving spring rate.

L8R, Bill.
cool.gif

I think what I will do is get the forks from my friend, and start collecting the other needed parts such as calipers axels, and etc. When I have it all I will put it on I dont want to pay top dollar for all this stuff so I will keep my eye on ebay. This way it gives me time to save up (hide money from wife) to get a set of carbon wheels (rear busa front GSXR)
Thanks go out to all that helped me with this!
You know if it would just warm up already I wouldnt be sitting here looking for a new mod!!!

Back