2005 MotoGP season..

BusaFever

Post ***** Master Jedi
Donating Member
Registered
Copied and pasted from MotoGP.com

Think the GSV-R can deliver?
I KNOW Kenny can...
It sure would be nice if Zuk, could grab a few podiums!!!

-Bill

-------------------------------\\\--------------------------

Suzuki aims for a major step forward in 2005
News, 03/07/06

Suzuki unveiled its 2005 MotoGP team during a packed press and media launch at the Circuit de Catalunya in Barcelona this evening.

Held in the Team SUZUKI MotoGP hospitality unit, the launch was hosted by popular BBC TV presenter Suzi Perry. She introduced racers Kenny Roberts Jr and John Hopkins, new Team Manager Paul Denning, Development Leader Kunio Arase and 1993 500cc GP World Champion Kevin Schwantz to a select group of international journalists.

The team is now led by Paul Denning, who clinched last year’s BSB title for the Hamamatsu-based manufacturer.
“In our opinion at Suzuki, we have two of the best riders in the Championship, as Kenny Roberts is the last rider to have beaten Valentino Rossi to the title. That’s easy to forget but you don’t forget how to win races and how to go fast. Our target is to put something underneath Kenny that he needs in order to show his talent,†said the new manager.

“Regarding John, he’s very impressive for a 21-year old kid. He might have crashed yesterday, but for the ten, twelve full days of testing we had this winter, he didn’t make a single mistake. As he gains experience and confidence with the bike, we can expect great things for him this year.â€

Denning was also confident in the potential of the XRE-3 version of the Suzuki. “We have made a massive step forward with the new bike. The shape of the bike and the engine design may look similar, but the potential is nothing like the old machine. The work done so far with the team and the technicians has been very positive and I hope we’re going to have the capability to come back to a competitive level.â€

Roberts Jr commented that the new team had seen the greatest amount of change since he had been with Suzuki. Hopkins was still on a high from his day's performance and told the gathered media guests about his excitement at working with the new team and the fantastic job that Bridgestone is doing.

Kevin Schwantz was asked his views on the team and said he had been keeping tabs on the pre-season tests and expected big things from both riders this season.

Development Leader Kunio Arase gave a full technical brief on the GSV-R, detailing the alterations and improvements made to Suzuki's prototype Grand Prix motorcycle.

Link ---> http://www.motogp.com/en....nu=news

Here are the results of the practice session at cataluyna. 10th aint that bad...

333261.jpg

Here is practice session two...  John in 8th, kenny took 10th

<!--EDIT|BusaFever
Reason for Edit: None given...|1111322533 -->

333517.jpg

noticing a tread of the hundas in the 4 of the top 5 spots... I guess valentino was partying a bit much! Bah he prolly dont try in practice too much.

As I said before I am pulling for Colin, been a fan for years.
And Nicky, of course.

And ANYBODY riding a suzuki. Luckily 2 of the 3 riders are americans... Wish they would let Kevin ride a race or 3... hehe

Im not anti-Rossi, the guy has mad skillz, just a bit cocky... I guess anybody would be if they were largely considered the best rider on earth at the moment, so can't hold it against him too much. Anyhoo, he's won two years in a row. It's someone else's turn, probably will be on a hunda this year.

I would just nice to see somebody besides the yammys and the hundas compete.
Well, i guess Duc slips in there every now and then...

What do I see in the near future? My personal prediction here is:

When Zuk gets that bike with enough power to keep up with the others, I bet they pull Mladin from AMA and give him a go at GP....
wow.gif

Wouldn't that be the SHITE!!!!!!!!

I hope that they can catch up.....at best their fourth as a manufacture.

1. Honda
2. Yamaha
3. Ducati
4. Suzuki ?

I don't know. Zuk doesn't really seem to hold much weight except for supersport and superbike. I don't know why that is. But it sure seems that way. I'm sure Yamaha and Honda will remain in the top five...probably one and two, either which way. Biaggi and Rossi have basically just flipped teams. So you have probably the two best or most experienced riders out there on the two best bikes manufactured for the GP. I hope zuk whups some butt though. I always do. I am biased.
blush.gif

I think on a more realistic level I would rather my bikes (were I a manufacturer) do good in AMA than MotoGP..

motoGP bikes can't buy em' at your local zuk dealer.. AMA bikes.. you can't "buy" em.. but you can get a hell of alot closer than motoGP bike.

yeah MotoGP is the "big show" but .. ehhh. .. it ain't got much to do with what me, and you's riding.

I think on a more realistic level I would rather my bikes (were I a manufacturer) do good in AMA than MotoGP..

motoGP bikes can't buy em' at your local zuk dealer.. AMA bikes..  you can't "buy" em.. but you can get a hell of alot closer than motoGP bike.

yeah MotoGP is the "big show" but .. ehhh. .. it ain't got much to do with what me, and you's riding.
Moto GP is the cutting edge....what is developed at that level....filters down through every level of racing, all the way to the street.

Yes, Zuk hasn't held much weight in GP in the past... Thats what I hope changes.

Yes, the AMA bikes are alot more similar than ours but what BA said is true. That 1000RR does have a lot of similarities to the RC211V. The changed their swingarm, and changed the mass of the bike completely because of the GP bike. At least that is what Honda says. Its all a marketing strategy with them though.

Go Kenny Go!

motoGP bikes can't buy em' at your local zuk dealer.. AMA bikes..  you can't "buy" em.. but you can get a hell of alot closer than motoGP bike.

Moto GP is the cutting edge....what is developed at that level....filters down through every level of racing, all the way to the street.
There is a lot more money going into the motorcycle R&D in MotoGP than WSB or AMA. MotoGP is where all the newest baddest technology is developed.

Go Nicky Hayden!!

oh I'm not saying that MotoGP isn't important.. but uhh..

you can't go get anything near Rossi's bike at the yammi store.. you can however go get something fairly close to Mladin's at teh 'zuk store if you wish.

hehe maybe even get the sticker package and a signature on the tank or something with the mladin replica deal.

in 5 years we can go get something close to rossi/biaggi, but by then they will be another 5 yrs ahead.

Check THIS out...

The fastest lap of the day, at Jerez today...

BY A SUZUKI?

NOOOOOOOOO............

I'm telling you folks, it could be a great year for zuk in GP!
---------------------------============---------------------------------------

With menacing dark clouds circling the Jerez circuit throughout the whole day, Team Suzuki’s John Hopkins sent a warning shot down the pit lane as he set the fastest time in the first day of three at the Official MotoGP Test today. The Californian rider was constantly amongst the fastest riders during the whole day, and with the track somehow staying dry and avoiding the nearby showers, he took advantage of a late burst to steal top spot on the timesheets.

“Suzuki has made some huge improvements to the machine; controllability and horsepower especially, and it’s showing up nicely at this track, †commented Hopkins. “It’s a track I particularly like anyway, and the important thing is we’re doing our times strictly on race tyres, no qualifiers. I personally think the race tyres are better at the moment, Bridgestone has made big improvements too. Everything’s looking good, and I’m definitely the hungriest guy in this paddock for a podium finish right now, so we’re doing everything possible to prepare for the race here in two weeks time.â€

Weather forecasts predict rain-showers for the entire day tomorrow, and if that is the case, it will be impossible to better Hopkins lap, which stopped the clock in a time of 1’40.893. Just 0.075 slower than the outright circuit record set by Valentino Rossi in qualifying last year, it is an impressive start to the weekend for the Ramona-born rider, who admitted, “If it rains tomorrow we will go out on track anyway, we need to work on the new wet tyres Bridgestone have. It rained here for the race last year, and we don’t want that to repeat itself in two weeks.â€

Hopkins’ compatriot Nicky Hayden also enjoyed a good start to the weekend, with the second fastest time, ahead of former team-mate Valentino Rossi, who appears to be shaking off the front-end issues which dogged his Yamaha in last week’s Official Test in Barcelona. Closely following the Italian on the timesheet was his great rival Sete Gibernau, who won the race here last year, with a further four riders within a second of Hopkins lap time – including both Kawasaki machines.

Further down the order Loris Capirossi continued to make headway with the Ducati Desmosedici’s modified engine braking system, which continued to baffle onlookers. The Italian tested the new machine in the morning, before concentrating on his more traditional sounding engine in the afternoon. His fellow countryman Max Biaggi was surprisingly only fifteenth fastest today as he battled to rectify issues with the Honda’s engine management system, but he will be confident the engineers can resolve his problems before the test finishes here on Sunday, and the countdown begins to the first race here in two weeks’ time.

Back