2005 Busa for real.

I figure, whatever Suzuki does to change the busa, it'll be minor stuff here and there that could easily be adapted to first series busa. I'm curious how they're gonna drop alot of weight, and with what change in parts.

I must say guys, I think it looks bad a**. I love the old style and if this is the new style, them im sold. In my book its alright to deviate from the original. Mix it up a bit. I have always been a fan of the cut look, add that to a busa and you have a mean looking bike.
biggrin.gif
Can't wait to see what the final is like.

Isn't the additional weight part of the top speed stability of this motorcycle?
rock.gif
Your right that most of the changes would probably be bolt on unless they are completely retooling the factory for a new motorcycle, which is alot of $$$. I dont think a bigger motor is necessary, just more HP/torque out of the one we got.
wink.gif
I think the pic is probably close but who knows.
cool.gif

That front end is definitely Gix1k.  I agree with super851 up there, the new Busa really needs radial brakes.  As for the looks...I'm kind of torn.  The way the Busa looks now is beautiful and perfect, but at the same time its looked like this for 5 years now and it does need a 'refresher' I guess.  I don't want it to change because then all of ours will look 'old' plus there's a risk that the designers will fug it up, but a 2nd gen Busa is due.  Maybe some subtle changes like weight savings, all new colors (instead of recycling the same colors with different schemes) new brakes, suspension, smaller rear fender...stuff like that.  I don't know...
sad.gif

<!--EDIT|Gpirelli
Reason for Edit: None given...|1091167215 -->

We go through this every year, gettin our hopes up and then complaining once the new editions do come out. If we get a change, then I will be interested simply because it is a new version of my bike. If not, then I'm still happy since we all know that all black is the fastest.

Once the lineup comes out, then decide what you do and don't like, until then why worry about it?

i think i'd like it as a 1600cc be great to av more power:p (maybe even a turbo chucked in with price) could they do that 4 me??
biggrin.gif

i read that all motorcycle companies decided not to go faster than the busa- due to the increased chances of people killing themselves on anything faster.....so what is the point of a 1400 busa? i'll see if i still have that magazine too..

Cowboy, that was an agreement that the major bike makers came to.. 186mph / 300kph that everyone would limit thier bikes to, mainly because of anti-motorcycle legislation in many countrys that was threatening the legality to produce superbikes at all. The AMA has been fighting for this for quite some time. But you are right, a 1400 'Busa would be an unecessary boost in displacement, unless they were going to start a 1/4 mile or 0-100 war now, instead of a top speed war. Displacement isn't everything anyway.. there are 500cc bikes that will tear up a 'Busa (2 stroke GP bikes)
tounge.gif

Back