2004 'Busa clutch slippage?

BarriosL

Registered
Got a weird one here - I'll do my best to explain.

Put in an OEM Suzuki clutch a couple of months ago. Everything was pretty straightforward. I even bleed the clutch after just for goodwill. A couple of weeks after, I noticed when I hop on the bike for the first time during the day, releasing the clutch in 1st feels like there was a lot of slipping, or not properly engaging/disengaging from the clutch. The bike will lug (jerk) at low RPMs as I try to take off in first, but, once my RPMs are a little higher (in the 3/4k range) it'll be smooth sailing. This will continue once or twice more while the bike is "cold", then it won't do it anymore after I've been riding for a little bit & the bike has warmed up.

The bike has a 'Brock's clutch mod" in it. I am not sure what sort of clutch was in the bike before I put the OEM Suzuki one in. Is it possible the friction plates/steel plates aren't quite wide enough when the plates are cold? I'm assuming with the intense heat, there will be an expansion in the clutch basket & that's why the issue stops after a bit of riding. Or am I just making that up in my head?

Back