2003 Gsxr 750

trekfuel

Registered
Hey guys and gals... Have any of you owned or rode this bike. Do you know of any serious problems related to this model.

I am considering buying one with Low miles on it for a track bike.

Thoughts?

thanks in advance for any insight..

gsxr 750 2003.jpg

My friend had the same one, we wheelied and beat on it daily for years and it never let him down. Someone will always argue that there are better bikes to track, but if it's cheap enough, go for it.

I am a big fan of the gixxer 750, had 3 of them over the years (a '93 and 2 '98s). No firsthand experience with the '03 but it should be mo' better :thumbsup:

Ya.... it is the one in the pic. 4900 amercan

You could find a newer 750 or 1000 for the money, but you may look a while to find one in as good of condition that you know the history of. It is a great bike, I see them go for $3k to $4k, but they are higher miles and not as good of condition.
If it was for the street and you loved the bike, $4500 max. But you want a trackbike, regardless of your skills, it might get trashed first time out. For that reason I'de look around some more before you buy it, but it's a great bike none the less.

^^This^^

Why buy a mint bike to track?
Ton's of 2001-2004 Gsxr 600/750/1000s on craigslist and etc for like $3500 or less.
They are all bulletproof!

You could find a newer 750 or 1000 for the money, but you may look a while to find one in as good of condition that you know the history of. It is a great bike, I see them go for $3k to $4k, but they are higher miles and not as good of condition.
If it was for the street and you loved the bike, $4500 max. But you want a trackbike, regardless of your skills, it might get trashed first time out. For that reason I'de look around some more before you buy it, but it's a great bike none the less.

I live north of the border and the price are not quite as good are the are there. Ya. I know. quite possible that i will trash it first time out.:banghead:

^^This^^

Why buy a mint bike to track?
Ton's of 2001-2004 Gsxr 600/750/1000s on craigslist and etc for like $3500 or less.
They are all bulletproof!

Price is quite high for a TRACK bike... but want to know what i have to start.

Seems this bike was babied(maybe)???

Had a 96 and a 02 model. Thrashed it constantly. Loved it.Very fast. Whopped up on a lot of bigger bikes. ran high 9s in the 1/4.

Go for it!! I had a 2001 gsxr 1000 (blk/gry) with the same body style.. I loved that bike....i should have kept it...grrrrrrr!!!

Steel braided brake lines, safety wire the whole thing, remove the mirrors, get a front racing facia w/ no headlight, and a one piece rear racing cowl and you have a formidable track bike for sure. :thumbsup:

5000 miles. mint, price is fair.
Too nice and too much money for a starter track bike. First time you high side it and trash it beyond belief you're going to sh*t a brick. Get something cheaper and uglier but mechanically sound, unless you have money to burn :laugh:

Last edited:
Back