2003 1300R with a problem turning over

Placentapede

Registered
I have a 2003 GSX 1300R (gen2?) (12 inch swing arm, no gov, dynojet Power Commander V, air shifters, and two 25HP wet spray nitros system and a whole lotta custom) that I recently had bought from a acquaintance and after bringing it home and not even three weeks after some low life decided to steal the thing. There was one point in time where I had stayed the night away from home and that’s when I came back to my Busa dragged torwards the driveway road and thankfully the cable I had through the frame of my house held even after they appearingly tried everything because besides the scratched up fairing, the notch of movement I had to readjust on the swing arm, I’m assuming they were trying to bypass my ignition and they almost had it, and it would turn on, and even crank but it would never actually start....so they literally bored my entire ignition cylinder out and had a chisel (which is basically my key now if I can fix without replacing) stuck the ignitions hole but besides being sloppy long non color coded or correlating colors of the wires they clipped and whether if I were to simply reconnect everything would that fix said issue or if I have a possible shirt somewhere from them haphazardly rigged the ignition or if they grounded something, ungrounded, disconnected, or like touched two positives together and fried something somewhere in the fuel pump, but everything light up with the test light so far. In dealer mode everytime the ignition is turned on flash’s F1 and once before CHEC. I have been unable to get it to start since. It cranks, as best as I can telll it sparks, it just does not wanna kick on.

Any input or feedback on the issue would be greatly appreciated.

33867EEA-F51F-4454-8F1E-958437AFB17B.jpeg

829A991D-61AC-4E50-A6B1-486012C741BD.jpeg

7429C0EC-808E-42BA-8C2A-C1BCB2C15D36.png

C989E87E-1149-4C17-82CC-0A91A2128A12.png

That sucks man
FYI
gen1 1999-2007 (99, 2000, and 01 have some small variances, 02-07 are almost completely the same).
gen2 2008-2020

Can you hear the fuel pump prime when you turn the ignition on?
A whistling/whining sound from the gas tank.
You can buy a replacement ignition cylinder and key for it too.
Did they cut the wires from the ignition between the cylinder and wiring harness plug? If so you can just plug in the new ignition cylinder.

My fault this was before I started reading more into everything pertaining to every function of each part I get to. Forgive my ignorance I’ve removed all the “improvised wiring” and connected back the ignition wires as they were supposed to be before the thieves half ass bypass attempt and it’s still flashing F1 and not

Okay, sorry it’s been a rough couple months, lol. Anyway, I HAD gotten it! Turns out all it needed was a resistor wired into two of the ignition harness’s wires, while the other 4 I ran to the battery as a way to get it at least to and from work till I could afford the repairs, anyway fast forward a month into driving it and it starts to idle rough and intermittently stall mid ride before it even warmed up, as days went by of trouble shooting, it started to run only while the choke was on. Now it simply will not run, it will turn and turn till the battery dies but won’t kick over and the damn fuel light kicks on and after trying to start it throws the F1 flashing but again with no code.
I siphoned the gas, pulled the tank and swished a flush through it and replaced my wiring up the ignition again it still isn’t starting. I’ve put new gas and checked all fuses but still no change. Also changed oil recently as well, no leaks, coolants good, All breather tubes and fuel lines are intact and where they need to go so I’m stumped. I feel awful for not being able to remedy what’s probably something so stupidly simple but this all has been a learning experience all in all. Lol

And yes, I am aware it’s a 1st gen. But I had gotten it second hand so I have also been playing catch up with all the “creative” wiring and strange “fixes”. Lol

Back