2001 first gen hayabusa

erob_15

Registered
Issues with it spinning over properly and keeps flashing fi code for c11 and I've already replaced cam sensors with 3 OEM ones any advice guys could it be valve issue or just the clearance of the cam sensor ???? I took valve cover off for a visible inspection of everything and I don't see anything wrong normal signs of wear and valves look good visibly only

This is from the 1999-2000 manual but hopefully it helps

Attachments

• C11.pdf
    349.9 KB · Views: 61
  • C11a.pdf
    341.5 KB · Views: 52
hey @erob_15 Have you checked for correct cam timing?
Check the cam sensor connector pin connections are ok at the sensor plug, also check the continuity of the wires from the sensor plug all the way to the ECU.
Could you shoot a short vid of the cranking issue . . . with your phone, upload it to youtube, then post the link on this thread?

Last edited:
This is video of what it's doing and yes I've checked wire harness good and have replaced ecu as well all brand new fuel system brand new ignition system starter is brand new starter solenoid is new stator is new and rectifier is new and battery is new

When I went to test my new ecu to see if it was the issue at first before I recorded video it sounded like it wanted to crank over properly thendidnt sounded as if it's not properly turning over and fi code flashes for same thing c11 cam sensor

I've never struck that starter issue before, and I've worked on thousands of bikes!
Have you tried to turn the crankshaft over by hand?
Have you removed all the spark plugs and attempted to crank it with the starter motor?
Are you sure the cam timing is correct?

I'd be checking the starter pinion is meshing correctly to the idler gear and the everything spins freely from the starter motor to the starter clutch and thru to the crankshaft spinning freely, then the cam chain thru to the camshafts spinning freely . . the valve train etc.
Something is causing that engine to NOT turn over even with brand new starter motor and relay, ya just gotta track it down bit by bit, starting at the battery, cable connections, relay, starter, etc etc etc. Follow it thru systematically.

I've never struck that starter issue before, and I've worked on thousands of bikes!
Have you removed all the spark plugs and attempted to crank it with the starter motor?
Was about to turn it over by hand here in a few

And I'm not sure if timing is correct but I do know that the chain is tight so I don't think it's skipped time

And I'm not sure if timing is correct but I do know that the chain is tight so I don't think it's skipped time
Check the starter clutch operation… remove the starter motor and check if the starter clutch free wheels backwards and grips going forward rotation.

Check the starter clutch operation… remove the starter motor and check if the starter clutch free wheels backwards and grips going forward rotation.
Update I checked the starter clutch and it seems to be operating correctly and I spun motor over by hand and seems to spin correctly as well so I'm still puzzled ‍

Back