2001 BUSA\'S /EVERYBODY READ THIS

Me neither, your info is lacking.

The 2001 GSXR750's and GSX1300R's will be there. They released the info late back in '99 just like last year as well.

Like I said, it doesn't matter. Any one of us (well, some of us) are capable of building bikes to eliminate the limits.

[This message has been edited by Fast_Eddie (edited 14 August 2000).]

THE 2001 GSX1300R AND EVERYBODY ELSE THAT HAS A BIKE ABLE TO GO FASTER THAN 160MPH,WILL NO LONGER GO THAT FAST ANYMORE.THERE ARE PEOPLE IN HIGHER PLACES THAT HAVE PUT THIS IN TO EFFECT FOR 2001 MODELS.THIS NOT A JOKE,ANYBODY WANTING TO WAIT FOR 2001 MIGHT BE SORRY.THEY WILL SLOW DOWN THE BUSA BY LOWER COMPRESION AND CAM TIMING.I KNOW THIS BY MY AREA SUZUKI REP.

Well, not entirely speculation.

There is no big secret that "all" sportbike manufacturers are going to limit the speed of bikes starting in 2001. The only question is how much limitation.

A qoute: "Once the Japanese have set a limit, European firms including Ducati, Triumph and BMW would be expected to fall in line. There are already national power limits of 100bhp in some European countries and French safety officials are understood to favour EU-wide performance limits of around 134bhp or 186mph."

This is being driven by the EU governing bodies, not the US. So expect our US bikes to have the same limits as the EU bikes because none of the manufacturer's are likely to build differing bikes by country.

I am pretty close with my local Suzuki rep and accordingly, nothing, absolutely nothing, has come across the wire like this as of yet.

No one manufacturer as of today, has agreed to such a "low" limit for the first year. It is 186mph in 2001, then 172 (I beleive) in 2002, and in the high 150's for 2003.

Regardless, it does not matter one hoot or another. All it will do is spawn a new aftermarket area for speed limter busters, plain and simple.

How many of us keep 'em stock anyhow?? How many actually even come close to the 186 mph limit now??

Big deal, get the bike you want and quit pissin'!! :)

I WORK FOR SUZUKI,I BELEIVE THAT'S GOOD ENOUGH.AND IF THAT'S NOT ENOUGH HOW ABOUT NO 1300'S AT THE DEALER SHOW IN SEPT.SUZUKI WILL NOT RELEASE ANY 2001 BUSA'S OR GSXR750'S UNTIL THIS GET'S RESOLVED.NO COLOR AVAILABLE EITHER.

They'll be there in september with maybe some color changes.
Lower compression and cam timing?
NEVER HAPPEN.

I'm pretty sure I've seen this in British mags: definitely limited to 186 and in the future possibly limiting them to 155mph. The only way I could see this as a rumor is if Suzuki itself started it to increase sales for 2000. What would be the motive for anyone else to start such a rumor? Don't say it won't be done, why do you think the big BMW's can only do 155mph, governed by the factory settings. I'm not saying that the bikes can't be made faster with aftermarket parts because that is obvious if you look at the Honda Civics running 9's in the 1/4 now. But for those of us who want to buy a fast bike with no hassle and be covered under warranty, this could really suck. If the European nations put enough pressure on the manufacturers of these "king of speed" bikes then they will fold. If not, I'm sure that those countries would tax the sh_t out of the bikes that do enter the country. How would Suzuki make up for lost sales in Europe? If the busa is known around the world as the fastest bike tested at 197mph, then I want the true bike that lives up to its name. When I ride my machine I get admirers from everywhere, even people who haven't got a clue about bikes, just because of the looks. Also I get comments from Harley and Buell owners on the bike. Takes a good sport bike to get a die hard Harley owner to like it. I don't want a poser bike! If it looks like the 197mph machine then it better get damn close to that figure, not 186! I don't want people coming up on ZX-12's, GSXR1000's, maybe even Honda Slackbird's asking me if I got ripped off buying a 2001 limited bike. I don't want any of them even being able to get close enough to me to ask that. Instead of answering questions about my bike I would rather be answering them without words.

Well if that is correct...then my '99 Busa computer and wiring harness I have stashed in my closet might be worth a nice penny huh?
Can you say UNgoverned?

This isn't speculation, it's true. They're requiring all motorcycles to be pink and have four wheels for 2001. All existing bikes will have to be retrofitted and tested.

Back