2000 bike 2004 fuel tank

roughshooter69

Registered
hi guys and gurls

I have a bit of a problem I have a 2000 hayabusa which has had a problem with the fuel tank as luck has it (or not) a friend has a descent 2004 tank and pump assembly which he has given me for free :thumbsup::bowdown: only problem is that as we all know they are different is it possible to modify the wiring etc. so it will go into mine? ie no fuel return hose no vacum differnet fuel pressure regulators etc. etc. etc.

any help would be much appreciated :bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

The 99-00 had two connectors. The 01 up has one. I've heard of people making the conversions. You'll need to compare the wiring diagrams and customize accordingly.

what about the IAP sensor and vacum hose which is connected to the old style fuel pump and the injector rail do I just do away with these?

I have a thread somewhere where I changed harnesses from 99 to 07. So I had to rewire the tank, but from the harness side. It'll be the same colors for you, just from the tank instead of the harness.

Did he give you the in tank pump or just the tank? I'm honestly not sure what you'd do without a return on the new tank. I have an aftermarket pump and fpr, and I got an fpr model that utilized the return on the 99 tank.

Back