2 questions - engine mount and coolant

mattrat

Registered
Question 1:

in the service manual, page 3-14, there is a note..

"The Engine mounting nuts are self-locking. Once the nuts have been removed, they are no longer of any use."

I assume that means I need to order new engine mounting nuts. Does anyone have a part number?

Question 2:

Service manual specifies 50/50 mix of coolant "safe for aluminum radiators" and distilled water.
Are these pre-mix coolants ok? Is there a preferred brand? (almost every bike I have had was air cooled)

dont know about the bolts but there are several coolants available. any 50/50 im sure will do. I do use engine ice myself. It does run cooler with it. use distilled water to flush out the system for sure. ...I found my busa did run hot while at the strip and a little over half way if i got stuck on the highway. Then i put the engine ice in it. replaced the temp switch with one that comes on at a lower temp and the big thing was that i got a muzzy blade. after that i never got to the half way mark no matter what i did.

I used the same ones and as far as I know there fine they say that as a safety precaution because technically it does wear out the locking tabs or whatever but I've never had problems reusing locking nuts but thats just me if motor falls out well then I'll have to kick my self in the butt

Back