Honda Type 2 Coolant

Jose J Ortega

Registered
Hi guys... Question have anyone use this coolant in there busa? I heard many good things about this coolant on sportbikes. It's free of silicates and borates. Safe for aluminum. The temperature range is identical to Pro Honda HP, the ingredients ethleyne and diethleyne are also identical. The only difference I can see is the blue dye. Is $18 a gallon ( enough to fill her up) at a Honda dealership near me. Thank in advance for any advice

Last edited:
Honda coolant is ethylene glycol based, just like the regular green automotive antifreeze you can pick up at Autozone. The only thing special
about it is that it is poisonous and will kill small animals. You could buy the automotive stuff (which is safe for aluminum) for a lot cheaper at the auto store and mix it half and half with water and be okay. I personally prefer Engine Ice, which is propylene glycol, non poisonous, has a higher boiling point and cools better, IMO. A lot of bikers like the Evans waterless coolant, which has even a higher boiling point than Engine Ice. There are other choices out there, I am sure. My point is that what Honda is trying to sell is nothing special, IMHO.

Honda coolant is ethylene glycol based, just like the regular green automotive antifreeze you can pick up at Autozone. The only thing special
about it is that it is poisonous and will kill small animals. You could buy the automotive stuff (which is safe for aluminum) for a lot cheaper at the auto store and mix it half and half with water and be okay. I personally prefer Engine Ice, which is propylene glycol, non poisonous, has a higher boiling point and cools better, IMO. A lot of bikers like the Evans waterless coolant, which has even a higher boiling point than Engine Ice. There are other choices out there, I am sure. My point is that what Honda is trying to sell is nothing special, IMHO.
It make a lot sense Powerhouse. The brand is really what they are selling

Back