2" extensions? would they help?

twinvipers

Registered
Like the stock look and maybe a 2" extension. Would the extra 2" help my 60' at the track? Would i need anything else besides a new chain? Anyone have pic's of a gen 2 with 2" over?

Every little bit you do will probably help keep the front end down.

Alot of money just for 2"

I'm set at 60"(2" over) with a Macintosh 0-6" arm. Gonna do a +4 Catalyst tail and set it at 63" over the winter. Not sure if you can do only 2" with extensions.

IMG_0306.jpg

IMG_0308.jpg

Last edited:
I've been as far as 8" over on my bike and have been slowly working my way shorter and shorter as my clutch hand has become more dialed in.

I'm at 64" right now and am going to drop to 61-61.5 in the next few days.

Two inches will help. Three inches is where I'm about to set mine. Stock is 58.5 inches.

The problem with two inches over stock is as follows- Due to the design of extension blocks and the design of the stock swingarm; three to four inches is the shortest amount you can extend a busa utilizing the above mentioned method.

in order to extend the bike a shorter amount; you will need to make use of a full swingarm instead of bolt-on extensions.

If you dont mind posting? What does your bike run in the 1/8 mile mph 330. Seeing we both have the same exhaust.
I've been as far as 8" over on my bike and have been slowly working my way shorter and shorter as my clutch hand has become more dialed in.

I'm at 64" right now and am going to drop to 61-61.5 in the next few days.

Two inches will help. Three inches is where I'm about to set mine. Stock is 58.5 inches.

The problem with two inches over stock is as follows- Due to the design of extension blocks and the design of the stock swingarm; three to four inches is the shortest amount you can extend a busa utilizing the above mentioned method.

in order to extend the bike a shorter amount; you will need to make use of a full swingarm instead of bolt-on extensions.

Last edited:
look into mcintosh etc, i believe he can modify your factory arm. commonly referred to as a cheater arm, it looks factory and retains factory functionability. It's a nice touch for those that want a subtle look while achieving just a little extra wheel base

and yes, 2 inches will make a huge difference if you're set up correctly
that's the difference between a gsxr1k and a busa.

look into mcintosh etc, i believe he can modify your factory arm. commonly referred to as a cheater arm, it looks factory and retains factory functionability. It's a nice touch for those that want a subtle look while achieving just a little extra wheel base

and yes, 2 inches will make a huge difference if you're set up correctly
that's the difference between a gsxr1k and a busa.

how do i get in touch?

About Us

Terry is a great guy and has been doing this for years. you can look at any prostreet bike, or brocks bike. it's likely running a mcintosh arm. I'm on my 4th mcintosh arm. I'm very satisfied with his products. He can extend your factory arm and get you an extended chain guard to mount in place of your unsafe plastic one.

it'll look nice and factory, but have just a little extra and be safer. that's waht i want to do on my street bike personally. still good for turns etc, but nice to have at the track!

I had the same issue. I wanted to go longer but like the stock "stealth" look and I'm not really a fan of long bikes.

Terry McInstosh makes a great cheater arm. Mine is 3"-4" which means at the short side it is 3 inches over stock and it has 1" more adjustment than the stock arm. It is on a Gen I bike but it will give you an idea of his work. The lower two pictures show the difference a pair of links make (5/8"). Look at the adjuster bolts. Arm is for sale is any of you Gen I guys are interested.

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

I had the same issue. I wanted to go longer but like the stock "stealth" look and I'm not really a fan of long bikes.

Terry McInstosh makes a great cheater arm. Mine is 3"-4" which means at the short side it is 3 inches over stock and it has 1" more adjustment than the stock arm. It is on a Gen I bike but it will give you an idea of his work. The lower two pictures show the difference a pair of links make (5/8"). Look at the adjuster bolts. Arm is for sale is any of you Gen I guys are interested.

IMG_4742.JPG

IMG_4306.JPG

IMG_4313.JPG

IMG_4395.JPG

Thanks for the pic;s

bike looks sick:bowdown:

you get beat enough by longer bikes you will start liking it. :lol:

Don't care about racing long wheel base bikes. Just want to go to the track to have fun. Really don't like the long swing arm look at all.

thanks for the help man

wee

If you dont mind posting? What does your bike run in the 1/8 mile mph 330. Seeing we both have the same exhaust.

I don't have anything very recent. My setup has changed so much over the last few months.

My old times were on a Michelin Pilot Power 2ct. I was having traction issues when my wheelbase was longer.

Then I shortened the bike up and didn't get a chance to go to the track. I then went to a Shinko U-Soft. Ran on the street with that tire most of the summer, but never made it to the track.

I just swapped back to a Pilot Power and am going to shorten it up in the next few days. Hopefully I can make it out to the track soon. I'll be interested to see if I can run similar times with the wheelbase chopped down. I think I'll still be just as quick since I will actually be able to bring the tail down as low as I really want now.

Back