1999 Busa Exhaust Question

Emtsuj

Registered
I normally run Yoshimura slipons on, but I put 8" tips (no baffles) on my 1999 Busa. I have a PCIII that is mapped for stock with Yoshimura slipons. With the tips on, my bike sounds good but cuts out some...especially when I decelerate. Does anybody have a custom map for stock with tips? :banghead:

Last edited:
I normally run Yoshimura slipons on, but I put 8" tips (no baffles) on my 1999 Busa. I have a PCIII that is mapped for stock with Yoshimura slipons. With the tips on, my bike sounds good but cuts out some...especially when I decelerate. Does anybody have a custom map for stock with tips? :banghead:

Try the pair valve mod first, using the marble.

I removed the complete pair valve and installed block-off plates right before I put the tips on. The bike still acts like it is going to die when I let off the gas...in fact, it did die a couple of times. I figured it was the wrong fuel/air mixture.

I could be mistaken here...but didn't the 99-2002 need a diff pc than the 03's and up? I know the early busa's had a 16 bit processor...later ones had a 32. Never heard of a pcIIIusb on a 99 tho...just pcII's? I think 99 needs a specific pc......but don't quote me on it :laugh: Can't remember at the moment and too lazy to research it :rofl:

The PCIII will work on a 1999 busa. It is just an update of the PCII. I put the original cans on and have no problems. I also have Yoshimura RS3's that work fine. It is just the tips that give me a little problem. I need a custom map to adjust for the difference. I was hoping somebody had one that would work for stock (except for pair valve removal) and tips. I guess I will have to spend $300 and get it mapped by a professional. Thanks for all the help!:thumbsup:

Back