1989 ninja 250, 10000 miles

hell man my wife is looking into riding now this would be perfect for her if i was home to come take a look see. If you still have it in Jun-Jul shoot me an email

hell man my wife is looking into riding now this would be perfect for her if i was home to come take a look see.  If you still have it in Jun-Jul shoot me an email
you got it.. hope i remember..
smile.gif

be cautious...check the fork tubes for pitting,find out how long its been sitting(carb overhaul), chain/sprockets ? tires? battery? etc all those things add up.

RSD.

be cautious...check the fork tubes for pitting,find out how long its been sitting(carb overhaul), chain/sprockets ? tires? battery? etc  all those things add up.

RSD.
thanks Rubba.

what else..
she is willing to let me ride it..
anything i can test out.. during my ride?

by the way she says it needs new front tire.. but i figure that should only be 50 bucks + 25 install

thanks!!!

be cautious...check the fork tubes for pitting,find out how long its been sitting(carb overhaul), chain/sprockets ? tires? battery? etc  all those things add up.

RSD.
+1 With RSD. I mean think about it. An 89 sitting around that only has 10,000 miles on it? You know it wasn't ridden much. Think about what all can go wrong on a bike after a YEAR or TWO of improper care while storing it. Now after close to 20 years do you think this guy gave it the care it needed all the time or just let it sit and neglected it? Letting an engine sit and not use it is just as bad as running the guts out of it sometimes. My .02

Dude in my opinion that is WAY to high for a 99 that already has 8,000 miles on it. I would give this guy around 11 to 12 hundred for it IF it was babied. I mean think about this a brand new 250 right now msrp's at 2999$ so are you telling me he is only gonna take 1200$ less than a brand new one for a 7 year old bike with 8,000 miles on it? Come on dude hes aiming high certainly. If it was in good shape I'd offer about 11 or so.

thanks guys..
i dont think he will take it.. but i dont wont to over pay..

i found a 2004 on ebay for about 2300 bucks.. so this one seems too high.

i think i will pass on both. thanks for the help.. what you guys said.. 500 hundred for the first and 1200 hundred for the second seems right.. though i am sure they wont take it.

thanks guys..
i dont think he will take it.. but i dont wont to over pay..

i found a 2004 on ebay for about 2300 bucks.. so this one seems too high.

i think i will pass on both. thanks for the help.. what you guys said.. 500 hundred for the first and 1200 hundred for the second seems right.. though i am sure they wont take it.
Well man just remember the old saying there are plenty of fish in the sea. When it comes to a bike don't be in a hurry to buy. Make them these offers and if they don't bite keep cruising. The patient man will always get a better deal. The way people make money is off people who are just in a rush to buy the first thing that comes their way.

I bought A 2004 for the gal to ride it had 1200 miles on it and I paid 2400 for it. But I can put her on the back and ride all day. Fun to ride and play with.

Back