17/42 Gearing

No sir. As long as you don't hit something not moving, or worse moving in the opposite direction, a high speed get off is survivable in leathers and a helmet. Look at the Moto GP guys, they hit the eject button fairly regularly and slide along. The TT riders, well that's a different story. Far more obstacles.

This was a tumble at 120.32 mph. Broke his ankle and elbow. Leathers, helmet and gloves.

jeremy1.jpg

No sir. As long as you don't hit something not moving, or worse moving in the opposite direction, a high speed get off is survivable in leathers and a helmet. Look at the Moto GP guys, they hit the eject button fairly regularly and slide along. The TT riders, well that's a different story. Far more obstacles.
Exactly , a good set of leathers and don't hit nothing , you are going to walk away 9 times out of 10 .

I went to ballistics with Kevlar and Cordura, hopefully I won't have to test it...from what I've read, it is behind the leather for protection but not a whole lot. It is well armoured at all the impact points.

I used to wear a full Bristol set but they were getting old and boy they were hot in the summer heat, I'd lose weight in them.....maybe I should get another set for that purpose...just kind of wear them around-going to the store, cutting grass, etc...

Last summer after coming back off Bumblee Bee, I had to cut the grass so I jumped on my yellow tractor in full gear, the neighbours had a good laugh.

I mentioned it in the letting your buddies ride thread, a friend of mine lost control at the big end of an 1/8 mile track, Dr in the ER asked if he had any idea how fast he was going when he wrecked, I pulled the time slip out of my pocket and said 120.32.....
I recall...still very sad indeed, at least your buddy survived to tell the tale.

If 17/42 is -1, -1 that's what I'm running but I dont do 9/10s racing. I love the setup, woke the bike up more than the stock setup so I am happy with it.

If 17/42 is -1, -1 that's what I'm running but I dont do 9/10s racing. I love the setup, woke the bike up more than the stock setup so I am happy with it.
I'm 17/43 right now. I was just thinking about going down -1 in the rear. But you like 17/42 pretty good?? I'm assuming you have a gen 2 busa right?

Back