16 tooth?

02badbusa

Registered
OK just put a 16 tooth sprocket on my 02 and it feels gooood is this just in my head or does it make a big difference?

I run low 6.60s at 111.11 with a 1.66 60' in the 1/8th with the stock 17 tooth and all stock bike, what will the 16 tooth give me have not had time to take it to the track yet. Will it give me 1-2 tenths? And I am 6.1 @ 225lbs

<!--EDIT|02badbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144542646 -->

As far as your times I don't know how much it will improve...but -1 on the front
is like going up 2.5-3 on the rear, which will make a BIG difference in acceleration
biggrin.gif

you may not pickup anything right away as it will be torquer down low and wheelie prone so u may go 6.70 next time out then come back down to around 6.57 or better,sounds like your not getting to wot fast enough...

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1144590719 -->

you may not pickup anything right away as it will be torquer down low and wheelie prone so u may go 6.70 next time out then come back down to around 6.57 or btter,sounds like your not getting to wot fast enough...
That is what is going on with me. I am not getting full throttle fast enough. My 1/8 times are in the 6.7x range. The 1.8 60's are killing me. But I'm having fun! The biggest change I'm seeing from the 17/40 to 16/40 is I'm Having a harder time getting my foot into place quick enough for the 1-2 shift. I'm also starting to pull the front wheel on the shift to 3rd. I still don't have the nads to drop the hammer faster on the start, but I'm gettting there. I think the 16t was the right move. I'm betting it is easier on the clutch.

you may not pickup anything right away as it will be torquer down low and wheelie prone so u may go 6.70 next time out then come back down to around 6.57 or btter,sounds like your not getting to wot fast enough...
That is what is going on with me. I am not getting full throttle fast enough. My 1/8 times are in the 6.7x range. The 1.8 60's are killing me. But I'm having fun!  The biggest change I'm seeing from the 17/40 to 16/40 is I'm Having a harder time getting my foot into place quick enough for the 1-2 shift. I'm also starting to pull the front wheel on the shift to 3rd. I still don't have the nads to drop the hammer faster on the start, but I'm gettting there. I think the 16t was the right move. I'm betting it is easier on the clutch.
Take off with your foot on the shifter side or reverse, your shift pattern.

moved to new thread

<!--EDIT|Professor
Reason for Edit: "didn't want to hijack this one"|1144599720 -->

Back