15OOcc busa?

Although I love seeing the Busa make changes, I would have to admit that I would be a little peeved. When I bought my 07 I thought I had the best of the best, only to be outdone by the next years model. I'm already one model behind, so if anyone hears anything concrete about a new Busa, let me know so I can get the Gen2.:laugh: Oh, I don't see me selling the Gen1 either...only adding to the collection. Of all the bikes I've ever had, this is the only one that I've had longer than about 2 years and I'm not even close to being ready to get rid of her.

Interesting question Lawson because I'm sure in the 1980's guys thought what they had then was top of the line technology....so why woudn't suzuki come out with a larger more efficient streetbike. I'm not so sure we will see the motor and power changer as fast as we will the improvement of suspension and lightening of the overall bike. As far as selling my 600HP turbo bike now....nah I would probably just port the head, put larger cams in it, do an 08 crank with 83MM pistons and run E85 and have a 475 HP pump gas street bike:thumbsup: Now what I would do is probably pick one up as street toy. I'm not a millinoaire and the continuing trend of having to have the newest and latest will suck you dry and into debt....there comes a point where I say enough is just enough.....hell you know personally how hard it is to hook up a 350HP turbo bike on the street much less 400-475HP....The only advantage of a "1500 in the future would be more power on pump with less boost and better spool time given the larger displacment. I guess never say never but when I can run mine at 650HP down the interstate and need more then you can sign me up

They should make the Busa lighter with a 1100cc motor, and give it 220 to the wheel. It can be done easily, Suzuki just won't do it. Too much money to make, and not enough buyers.
Someone else just did. It wears a "BMW 1000RR" badge (193hp at the crank)and will more than likely kill us on the straights and without saying, in the twisties and on the track. But you have a trade off here, comfort for the long haul, so let's keep the (sports/touring) bus bigger and heavier.

i am pretty content with what i have. i think i wait a while like i did with my previous 01'.

Someone else just did. It wears a "BMW 1000RR" badge (193hp at the crank)and will more than likely kill us on the straights and without saying, in the twisties and on the track. But you have a trade off here, comfort for the long haul, so let's keep the (sports/touring) bus bigger and heavier.

this is what turbos are for.....they make much more power than any 1000CC is over going to

Personally I think they should have done this instead of a 1340. Although I love my gen2.

+ A MILLION...That's what I've been saying for two years :banghead:

Course I should be gratefull....the Gen II does not make me want to get
rid of my current Gen I...sooo...I guess Suzuki's..."update" saves it me money.

Last edited:
I guess I am getting this then instead! To heck with my 08 busa and 09 gsxr 1000!:poke::poke::whistle: Not! But it did feel nice! Reminded me of a 06 cbr 1000 in the way it felt and looked... less the funky front headlight treatment!

P1010030.jpg

P1010032.jpg

Last edited:

The bike actually came out two years ago. Remember the 2008 ZX-10R? Its on sale here in Jersey you can pick one up for $7.5k brand new. :laugh: That's half the beemer's price.

I'm pretty happy with my 04, it's all an old guy needs. The wife would probably agree my toy stable is well enough stocked at least until the kids graduate college.

it's sort of a rediculouse question to me...with the plethora of aftermarket go fast goodies available for the gen1's (including big bore kits well over 1500cc's)?....why?....99.999% of the riders out there don't have the skills to ride a gen1 to it's full potential...even box stock.

Even I didn't go with a full exhaust & pc3 for it's hp gains...i did it primarily for the 33lbs of sprung weight it shed off of Oren...and sure the new liter class gixxers have huge "PEAK" hp...but do they have that ultra smooth, down low yank yer gutz out across the board torque like my beloved lowly gen1 Oren?...and even though i enjoy the weight savings of a full exhaust?...do the anorexic liter class screamers enjoy the same level of high speed stability Oren exhibits?...where even on a gusty day she feels like i'm riding the disney monorail at a buck 80?.

In my eyes and imho?...The mighty busa is in a class of it's own...sure...maybe Orens not my 1st choice for track days but for some serious and comfy hypersport touring?..she's one badazz tool...and in the right hands?...she can wear many hats and look damn fine do'in so..

in short?..i say save the big bore kits for the point & shoot drag queens of the world.

I bought my '03 silver/gray 5 years ago...and to this day?...every time i ride her it's like i just got'er yesterday...and i'll leave upgrading to a GenII to those with fat wallets suffering from acute newbikeitis cause my lowly GenI Oren still runs like a top and fills me with tons of wow factor everytime we go screaming up the entrance ramp to I95 north...in 2nd gear...balls out and sending chills down the spines of beamer boys! :laugh: :whistle:

and when we hit the curves?..it's my turn. :laugh: (pun intended)

I know god loves me cause he blessed me with a busa..any busa. :thumbsup:

Now get out and ride & L8R, Bill. :cool:

I bought the busa for torque, and didn't want to lose out on HP with a musclebike. Any more than 200hp I don't really care, but if they raised the torque, **** yeah - more accessible fun!

Back