15OOcc busa?

boosted 2

Registered
How many of you would sell your gen1 or gen2 busa if Suzuki in a couple of years upgraded to a 1500cc 220hp out of the box monster? I know the busa is a smooth, comfortable, nimble machine, but don't kid anybody we all are HP JUNKIES!!

Nope not me... 220 hp not enough to justify the purchase..

Now if there was a special edition turbo available with 350 hp out the box.... SOLD!!!! Don't need a VW size motor either 1300- 1340 be fine :beerchug:

I have run over 200 already on the Gen II...not much faster that I need to go so I will stay with the bikes I got...until they come out with a Blue and White in the new version.

They should make the Busa lighter with a 1100cc motor, and give it 220 to the wheel. It can be done easily, Suzuki just won't do it. Too much money to make, and not enough buyers.

They should make the Busa lighter with a 1100cc motor, and give it 220 to the wheel. It can be done easily, Suzuki just won't do it. Too much money to make, and not enough buyers.

agree! the gsxr 1000 is 190hp outa the box and around 460 pounds the busa doesnt make that much power and is alot heavier still a awesome bike suzuki has the know how just wont do it thats why the aftermarket sells piston kits turbos and nitrous

It is appealing but I still have my gen 1 turbo making 257 so I don't know.
It would have to offer something other than HP to get me to Jump

I would still have to keep my 07 (almost paid off:thumbsup:) but I would probably go into debt again for a out of the box 1500cc pushing around 300 hp to the wheel, because really if they just wanted to make more power they could put the technology into the engine they have now and make 220 to the wheel with out the extra weight of the 1500cc. Would be a looker though I get people now who say wow 1300 thats huge, I can just imagine if it said 1500 lol :laugh:

My gsxr 1k 09 model makes 170 rwhp and weighs in at 465lbs. The busa makes 185rwhp and weighs in at 548lbs. Also the 09 1k has a shorter stroke and gearing to get it on the move sooner the the big girl stock. I have since lowered the gearing on my busa and she moves better down low! But it isnt an apples to apples race.....the busa has 108ftlbs of torque to the 78ftlbs of torque the 09 is making! But it wold be nice to see suzuki trim up the big girl and give her a stronger engine... Ill take 1500cc's.....

Last edited:
Sheez, must be something wrong with me, I can't handle all the power from a 1340.:bowdown:

How do keep the front wheel down, with a bike that also has to be good in the twisties?

Maybe the next generation will be less cc's, less weight, more power and a load of traction electronics to handle a 8.8 second quarter and then go and hit the twisties on the track, with wifey as passenger the following Sunday out in the country.

I would if they made it comfortable like a B-King. Especially if they added 3 inches from the top of the seat to the footpegs! Plus a nice plush cruising seat as an option, and a serious wind screen and rear side bags. 220hp with that and I'd buy tomorrow! Even though I don't use all I have now considering I ride only on the street.

I would if they made it comfortable like a B-King. Especially if they added 3 inches from the top of the seat to the footpegs! Plus a nice plush cruising seat as an option, and a serious wind screen and rear side bags. 220hp with that and I'd buy tomorrow! Even though I don't use all I have now considering I ride only on the street.
Now if the reworked a Version of the B King, a standard with a 1500 cc inline 4 with out all the electronic baby sitting that the King has I am IN. Please no tranformer styling if you can help it.

Back