15OOcc busa?

I love my Gen-II. To pare off a 100 lbs you would need to turn it into a gsxr1000.
I bought a Busa because it has more power than a sane person can use, is comfortable to ride for some distance even with a passenger, and still handles reasonably well in the twisties. If I wanted a ride that was wheelie prone, uncomfortable for any distance, and passenger unfriendly, I would have bought a 1000. You can't have everything in the same bike.

it's sort of a rediculouse question to me...with the plethora of aftermarket go fast goodies available for the gen1's (including big bore kits well over 1500cc's)?....why?....99.999% of the riders out there don't have the skills to ride a gen1 to it's full potential...even box stock.

Even I didn't go with a full exhaust & pc3 for it's hp gains...i did it primarily for the 33lbs of sprung weight it shed off of Oren...and sure the new liter class gixxers have huge "PEAK" hp...but do they have that ultra smooth, down low yank yer gutz out across the board torque like my beloved lowly gen1 Oren?...and even though i enjoy the weight savings of a full exhaust?...do the anorexic liter class screamers enjoy the same level of high speed stability Oren exhibits?...where even on a gusty day she feels like i'm riding the disney monorail at a buck 80?.

In my eyes and imho?...The mighty busa is in a class of it's own...sure...maybe Orens not my 1st choice for track days but for some serious and comfy hypersport touring?..she's one badazz tool...and in the right hands?...she can wear many hats and look damn fine do'in so..

in short?..i say save the big bore kits for the point & shoot drag queens of the world.

I bought my '03 silver/gray 5 years ago...and to this day?...every time i ride her it's like i just got'er yesterday...and i'll leave upgrading to a GenII to those with fat wallets suffering from acute newbikeitis cause my lowly GenI Oren still runs like a top and fills me with tons of wow factor everytime we go screaming up the entrance ramp to I95 north...in 2nd gear...balls out and sending chills down the spines of beamer boys! :laugh: :whistle:

and when we hit the curves?..it's my turn. :laugh: (pun intended)

I know god loves me cause he blessed me with a busa..any busa. :thumbsup:

Now get out and ride & L8R, Bill. :cool:
LOL... do you realize when you bore and or stroke an engine it puts alot more stress on everything.{thin walls}. A big new STOCK 1500cc busa would be unbelievable. Don't get me wrong a gen2 is fast but it was not near enough for me. I bolted a turbo, rods, pistons, tranny, lockup clutch, fueling system and PRESTO:400+HP...It's plenty fast now.

Is there talk of a Gen 3?

Yeah...in 2018.

Maybe by then they will be selling new bikes in the U.S. again.

Course IMHO...had they made a true Gen II (with for example, the 1500cc motor)
they'd be selling new bikes in U.S. TODAY as in a real Gen II woulda sold
tons, economy or no.

Yeah...in 2018.

Maybe by then they will be selling new bikes in the U.S. again.

Course IMHO...had they made a true Gen II (with for example, the 1500cc motor)
they'd be selling new bikes in U.S. TODAY as in a real Gen II woulda sold
tons, economy or no.
YOUR EXACTLY RIGHT! They jumped from the gsxr1100 to a 1300 and set the world on fire...Why not jump another 200cc to 1500. All the zx14 dudes would drop there rides for this bike in a heartbeat.

Back