GMbusa

Orange is the fastest
Donating Member
Registered
A local racer has a 1397 he was running but decided to go turbo. He wanted to do a stage 1 turbo so he needed a stock Busa motor.  Well, after some wheeling and dealing, we struck a deal.  I'm in the process of installing the new mill.  I know the racer and the motor, so it's all good.

It dyno'd at 203hp and 99Tq at the rear wheel at Lee's with a sidewinder on the old bike. I'll be needing to get it tuned. Thinking of taking it down to 4th Generation to have them write a map.

I can't wait!!  
AAAssjani.gif

congrats
beerchug.gif
looking forward to hearing how you like the upgrade

Now get it together, and ride it, you'll like it!!!!

thats awsome I love mine you might have to upgrade to 2 batteries (I did) but that is easy enough to do

A 1397 is very streetable... if you get the right combo. There's a street version (mine) and then there's more of the race style with much more compression and head work. That's when the 2 batteries come into play.

What is the biggest one could go on a street bike? Even with the 2 batteries!
Is 1600 too big
SHOCKED.gif

I really think it's a matter of how much $$ do you want to spend. Heck, i bet you could make one of those full out 1800+cc engines streetable with enough cash.

Does anyone have a link to a site with pricing? Like to look in to my next mod for this winter!

Check with Spaz here on the board. He's a sponsor and who i would of gone to if i had not found this deal.

(GMbusa @ May 22 2007,19:35) A 1397 is very streetable... if you get the right combo.  There's a street version (mine) and then there's more of the race style with much more compression and head work. That's when the 2 batteries come into play.
you might be suprised on the batteries when its warm it wont start without a little help

And remember to wire up the 2nd battery in series. I am looking to go after the 1397 kit also. Looks like fun, and it pushes past the 200hp mark I am dying for.

(GMbusa @ May 22 2007,20:39) A local racer has a 1397 he was running but decided to go turbo. He wanted to do a stage 1 turbo so he needed a stock Busa motor.  Well, after some wheeling and dealing, we struck a deal.  I'm in the process of installing the new mill.  I know the racer and the motor, so it's all good.

It dyno'd at 203hp and 99Tq at the rear wheel at Lee's with a sidewinder on the old bike. I'll be needing to get it tuned. Thinking of taking it down to 4th Generation to have them write a map.

I can't wait!!  
AAAssjani.gif
Hey Paul, it doesn't seem like that torque number coincides with the hp output, but I may be wrong. I would have guessed that at 203hp that the torque would have been closer to at least 105 ft/lbs.

It's a stock head with cams.  I think with a worked head the Tq output might be in the 108-110lbs range. I also think the low torque reading is from the sidewinder the other bike had on it. They dyno'd it with no baffle.
I'm new to inline fours, so everything i'm doing here is new territory.

I can build a V8 from scratch no problem, but i've yet to get into a motorcycle engine. I figure it can't be too different. We will see.

Back