Sandrail gen1 want a Stroker 1397

I have a sandrail with a busa motor and I do not want to deal with the head ache turbos can be. I also want more low end torque/power etc. I have been reading more and more and I believe I want to do a 1397 stroker. I see that APE makes a nice stroker kit but what gets me is I do not see heads and cam in a package together. And I believe that is where the main power will come from. I will most likely put together myself and get it tuned by someone local to socal. I also will be running 110 race fuel so higher compression is not a bad thing :)

any advise on a stroker head cam package that is not outrageously priced :0

You can get an OEM Gen2 crank from Suzuki,with 1397cc pistons in a Gen1,the Gen2 crank will give you 2mm stroke and you'll be at 1441cc...which is a nasty combo. I have a 1441Gen2 and it moves out pretty good. You can easily get 240rwhp on pump gas with the right head/cams.

I had no idea. so buy a gen 2 crank and get rods and pistons for 1397 and the stroker makes it a 1441. Where is the best place to buy a oem crank. APE?

Yeah,you need +3mm pistons which is 1397cc on a Gen1 and 1441cc on a Gen2. Lots of guys have done the crank swap,contact member blackmax he had a Carpenter 1397 in his Gen1 and just recently did the swap and went Gen2 crank,etc and said he loves it now thats its 1441

Yeah,you need +3mm pistons which is 1397cc on a Gen1 and 1441cc on a Gen2. Lots of guys have done the crank swap,contact member blackmax he had a Carpenter 1397 in his Gen1 and just recently did the swap and went Gen2 crank,etc and said he loves it now thats its 1441

thanks I will

Back