1350cc engine?

V8Pinto

Registered
The news of the 2008 Busa makes the natural answer to this post "get a 2008" but unless somebody is going to paypal me $12K....

Is there any motor size option in between 1299 and 1397?

My class displacement limit is 1350cc and I'd sure like to come in at 1349
smile.gif

If this were car engines I would offset grind the crank but I don't know what sort of rod options there are for the Busa. Also I'd need a shorter piston height (raised pin or skim a little off the top?).

Probably old hat to most folks around here but I've never built anything cept' Detroit V8's.

Add to this.... my class limitation requires that I run with stock throttle body/exhaust outlet diameters.

Thanks in advance for the education.

The negative piston deck height on your engine with base gasket is right at .020 or half a millimeter .

You could stroke your crank 2mm and come up to 1340cc  and use another .020 worth of base plate spacer in addition to the one stock .010 base gasket.

Crazy money for the return IMO if thats all the work to be allowed by the rules.

You could of course keep eyes and ears open to see if the 2008 crank will turn out to be a direct interchange OR have JE make some custom pistons . More money there .

When talking 1000 buck cranks , bearings , gaskets and rest ,  it might make sense to add that to price to your trade in value and see where your at but then of course if not buying an 2008 there will certainly be other 2008's in that class with the hotter cam set , larger engine , newer fuel injection to have to cope with . Cope with or try to outrun ? I think its the latter of the two in reality  
smile.gif

<sigh> yeah.... The new 08' is also supposed to have improved aero which I will also have to try to outrun.

Luckily, I have spousal approval for an 08'. I was just trying to take the honorable way out and improve what I already got
smile.gif

Thanks for the tips!

Back