Hey Sponsors! You may want to take a look at this ...

Kento-Moto

Hayabusa Immortal
Donating Member
Registered
I met a guy at a Sacramento Bike shop recently that is having my friend SIMS do some motor work on his 2009 Busa, come to find out he is a recent record holder at Bonneville. After chatting for a while he said he was going to have his brake and clutch levers shortened. I told I like my Pazzo's and other mods I have done ... he says he didnt really need them fancy and he was trying to keep costs down because he is funding his racing all himself. I told him about our site and he said he had been here but he may been on another site because I cant find him registered.

I dont really know him but thought I would just pass this along as he seemed like a nice guy.

If any of you sponsors want to contact him I have his email and phone number.

Thanks - Kent

here is the email he sent me today :

Hi Kent, yeah I went to Bonneville last year and ended up coming home with two AMA national records. Class 1350cc APS-AG 211.7 and 1350cc APS-AF 211.6. I moved both records up 7-8 mph. I ended up with 10 passes over 200 and the fastest pass was 212.8 Course I had a lot of help. Leslie Porterfields team helped quite a bit, along with other people I just ran into there.

I am hoping to break 215 in the APS class, and then the MPS class record is only 205, so I am going to try and come up with a different (Shorter) tail section and run in that class also.

Sorry it took so long, been on nights and busy at work. On days now.

Thanks

Mike Garcia

Last edited:
Hey, that's Captain Mike! Met him last year at BUB and we male bonded. He pilots a fishing vessel in Alaska as his day job so you know he's no wimp. Any vendors with $$$ or parts to help Mike this year would really be appreciated. For proof of his need check his Geico Caveman leathers, winter Harley gloves and duct taped work boots. He did 212 in that setup. BUB is known for their less strict tech inspection compared to SCTA, so they let it slide. But that's no way for a record holder to roll. Lets see if we can get him a decent set of race gloves, boots and leathers.

For a little back story, I met Mike while milling around impound between runs at BUB last year. I was the first to congratulate him when he picked up his time slip and saw that he shattered the mark in his class. You really have no idea how fast you went until you get all the way back to the host trailer. He was literally jumping for joy. Hootin and hollerin. It was awesome. CAN'T WAIT to get back on the salt in Aug. Hope somebody on here can help Mike out. BTW need to give credit to Scooter Grubb on that race pic. Dude is the BOMB behind that lens!

Mike G Mile 0.jpg

MikeGWebRace.jpg

Last edited:
What's different about that production class compared to what Shane and Fred are running...?

APS is the Special Construction Partial Streamlining frame class, AG is Modified Engine, Gas, AF is modified engine with race fuel. Not production classes at all. According to Mike, that engine was fully built last year by Richard Sims. Nothing production about it.

Hey, Just wanted to give an update. First I'd like to thank everybody for their interest. Sorry it took me so long to address this, I had a medical issue that took all my attention for a bit.
The motor in the bike is just being finished and we are moving on with getting the rest of the bike ready for this years Bonneville. I will contact those that asked me to this week.

Thanks Mike
mike@mgsfa.com
907-252-4272

Back