BUB Report

JDRiderCoach

Registered
Quick update from Bonneville: my cousin Charles Ditmore is currently sitting on an AMA Nat record in the 1650 APS AG class with a two way ave of 202.127 on my 01. First time on the salt and first time on a Busa. All he does is 200.916 on his first pass then backs it up with a 203.338 on the return run. My best so far is 197. We now have the rest of the week to defend. I'll post up pics and more details later but now gotta get out to the salt. Thanks to our sponsors: Ditmore Family Vineyards, Jersey Designs and of course Tiger Racing.

:thumbsup: hope y'all have good salt and a tail wind! Ride safe and fast!!

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk

Follow up: back from the salt and we came away with two AMA National records over 200 mph! Charles Ditmore now has the mark for 1650 APS AG at 204 mph and 1650 APS AF at 201. Very satisfying to have our gen 1 out performing many Gen 2s with more money invested. All in all an awesome week with tons of runs and very few of them under 200. Most of those were mine. I was just not feeling it, still recovering from Hernia surgery and the long layoff of riding I topped out at 198. Charles' best one way pass was 206, 208 on the GPS. Overall very pleased that in my 5th year of racing at BUB we now have a consistent +200 mph bike and a rider that can flog it to it's limit. Already planning for next year. As promised, here are some pics as well as a GIANT THANK YOU to our sponsors: Ditmore Family Vineyards, Jersey Designs and Tiger Racing.
IMG_0153.jpg

Me (left) and Charles at impound sealing up our second record of the week
IMG_0075.jpg

Bike done up with sponsor decals
IMG_0125.jpg

IMG_0125.jpg

These little tank and seat clips from Tiger Racing proved to be invaluable at impound. The inspectors never had to wait for us to find tools etc, just pop the seat and tank off, get checked and get back out on the track.
photo-6.jpg

IMG_0123.jpg

More cool stuff from Tiger.
IMG_0109.jpg

208 on the GPS baby!
IMG_0168.jpg

Charles Ditmore at the awards ceremony after receiving his red hat for the 201 mph club, with the World's Fastest Hot Chick, Leslie Porterfield.

IMG_0125.jpg

OK looks like I doubled up on one of the pics. Shoulda been this one:
IMG_0124.jpg

These are the seat locking pins provided by Tiger that made tech inspection a breeze. Thanks again Guy.

I have visited the salt as a spectator with a friends team. It is something special to be a part of
I remember someone from Cycle Mag many many years ago writing about his bike at Bonneville
About how the salt would inspect your bike and find it worth or not worthy
I have seen how racers struggle for just one more mile and hour and never get it
Heartliest congratulations. What you have achieved it a tremendous feat

Back