1200 miles in one week

sleepless_red

The artist formerly known as "sleeper_red"
Donating Member
Registered
What's up guys? Just want to share that I already have over 1200 miles since I bought my black Busa last week. It actually took me less than 7 days total. Just thought I'd share my happiness.

beerchug.gif
That's nearly what I have done this entire last year
laugh.gif

Pics was posted last week. It's in here somewhere. I just want to let you guys know that I love riding long distances. The '01 R1 that I traded in for my Busa had over 47,000 miles on it. I bought it used in October of '05 with 7000 miles on it. If I don't work 6 days a week and have a wife and two kids, it could have been a lot more. Not to mention the winter time here in MD. One day, I rode my R1 for 825 miles in 14 1/2 hours. I stopped for gas 7 times that day (every 100 miles or so) and only took like a 10 minute break to have 2 hotdogs and a coke. I'm not that young either. I'm 41 yrs. old now. I was 39 when I did 825 miles in one day on the R1.

can't recall how to post pics. I just clicked on the thing that says browser. hope it gets posted. If not, please help. I'm not that good with computers.

060.jpg

1200M in first week is respectable
smile.gif

and to think you missed the fall busa bash...

So what do you think about the seat?
lurk.gif

forgot to mention that I changed the oil after 100 miles and again after 1000 miles. so now, it's gonna be like every 2500 miles. should it be sooner? Please let me know. By the way, I installed a PUIG double bubble windscreen yesterday. I went with the dark smoke. I think she looks much better than with that brownish one.

about the seat, it gets a little uncomfortable after more than 3 hours of riding. what I do now is I started wearing cycling shorts. it helps. I just rode today from 8:45 am until 1:30 pm with no problem at all. I started wearing it as soon as I noticed the discomfort.

damn i like long rides as well. i just had a 700mile weekend and last year i did a 900 mile weekend. the wrists get a little sore for me tho. i dont think my 600rr is really made for such long rides. that and the paper thin seat honda uses doesnt help much either.

Back