100 mile Trail Run

SSGT_B

Registered
For all you runners and anyone who remembers my wife’s running journey, we are now at Dinosaur Valley state park and she is about to run the 100 mile endurance run. She’s a beast lol
Whether she makes it ten miles or the full hundred, I’m so proud of her for even attempting this level of crazy.
IMG_9695.jpeg

Each loop is 10.5 miles. 1st two runners came in at 1.5 hours for the loop. That’s nuts. We are planning 3 hour loops give or take. It’s humid, 55degrees and wet and I got the camp stove ready to make her something warm to eat.
Marshalling a ultra is one of the coolest things I have done
talk about a AMAZING and accepting group of people

Give your wife my Kudos she'll know what that is from (Strava , facebook for Idiot athletes)

Well she gave it a good fight. 43.5 miles before her knee called it. She’s barely walking today but moving so that’s positive. That terrain out there is vicious. She’s bummed but I couldn’t be prouder of her for attempting that. Next year will be the redemption run. One that she actually trains for.

That's a long way to run no matter where you are. Excited that she got out there! I've done a trail half marathon and said it would be my last. Thought it was going to just be a run down a trail in the woods. Boy was I wrong. Up and down hills, stepping over trees and tree branches, finding holes in the path. Just not my kind of running.

Well she gave it a good fight. 43.5 miles before her knee called it. She’s barely walking today but moving so that’s positive. That terrain out there is vicious. She’s bummed but I couldn’t be prouder of her for attempting that. Next year will be the redemption run. One that she actually trains for.
Well done her, that distance is nothing to sneeze at.....and my hats off to her wanting to go back next year.....

Not an easy feat for anyone of any age.

Congratulations, she did well!!!

It takes a lot of courage and preparation to do that, as well as effort. The result is always a healthy body and a healthy mind longer term.

You can be proud of her.

That happened to me once in a three week bicycle race, one knee packed up and I had to abort. It sucks when the engine is still ready to go, but the gearbox is busy packing up. :redface::firing::beerchug:

Congratulations, she did well!!!

It takes a lot of courage and preparation to do that, as well as effort. The result is always a healthy body and a healthy mind longer term.

You can be proud of her.

That happened to me once in a three week bicycle race, one knee packed up and I had to abort. It sucks when the engine is still ready to go, but the gearbox is busy packing up. :redface::firing::beerchug:
She could have only done a mile and I would have been proud. Better to have tried, than not show up at all. She just pulled of the Chicago marathon a month before and no training for anything trails is pretty darn good.

Amazing. That's serious stamina.

Back