100 days till taxmagedon

if half of that is accurate, I think folks had better start paying attention. Lots of changes listed in there, including a 50% increase on the lowest tax bracket. Makes me wonder if people are really paying attention because while any increase will hurt, that's a huge percentage increase relative to the other brackets.

Might be a HUGE selloff in the stock market, to take advantaage of the lower capital gain provision..

most ppl are in the 28% do goin up to 31% is simply signs of the times. higher taxes, health care cost, etc.... always go up. nothing unusual here. after all, we have to support all those at home collecting unemployment and welfare....:whistle: and lets not forget all the anchor babies....:whistle:

most ppl are in the 28% do goin up to 31% is simply signs of the times. higher taxes, health care cost, etc.... always go up. nothing unusual here. after all, we have to support all those at home collecting unemployment and welfare....:whistle: and lets not forget all the anchor babies....:whistle:

Theres a time when I would've thrown all your tea in the bay for such blasphemy

Last June I got my first house (go me!) but tax wise, cause they raised the how much you deduct, I literally broke even with the interest from my mortgage, taxes from my paycheck and donations. Normally I get back around $800-1000. Yes, I know i can adjust so i DO break even, dont let the gov make interest off me, ect ect... but I do it on purpose so i get that little extra back to pay off any bills from xmas I may have (I do my taxes by feb). Just based on my earned income I should be at mu $900 I get back, so I am hoping the interest on my house breaks even.

Back