1 officer killed, 1 hurt in Torrance police funeral procession accident

I feel bad for his boys. I can't imagine what theyre going through trying to comprehend the loss of their dad. Terrible

Hate hearing about fellow brothers and sisters in uniform fall... Even if you dont know them it hits you hard! :(

Tragic, Rest in peace.

There was a police officer out here, near Nashville, that got killed on his police motorcycle directing traffic for the Thunderbirds (going back to air-show) just last month. This is really sounding like too dangerous an activity for motorcycle police. I know I wouldn't want to jump out into an intersection on my bike with traffic coming, even if I had blue lights and sirens. I understand a bike is a lot easier to get through traffic on, but the risk seems a bit too much for a convenience activity such as directing traffic for a funeral procession so the group can stay together (no disrespect intended for the deceased). I decided to do a little news searching and it really looks like this is not an uncommon event.

I know exactly where that is... I actually bought furniture from Thomas International. The nutrition store is probably Lindberg Nutrition. I lived in Torrance for 7 years before moving to Chile. I still have my house about a mile from the accident site(Maple & Plaza del Amo).

Always sad to hear about a fellow rider going down. My condolences to the family and friends. My heart goes to the officer that survived. He must be having a hard time coping with the death of a fellow officer and his involvement.

I feel for the families. What a huge tragedy for all involved and prayers to those families and those poor kids that lost their father :down:

R.I.P. I am also very familiar with this stretch of Hawthorne Bl, since its only about two miles east of where I live.
Always sad to hear of fatal injuries, but especially tragic considering the circumstances around this accident. I pray for the officers and their families.

I know exactly where that is... I actually bought furniture from Thomas International. The nutrition store is probably Lindberg Nutrition. I lived in Torrance for 7 years before moving to Chile. I still have my house about a mile from the accident site(Maple & Plaza del Amo).

Always sad to hear about a fellow rider going down. My condolences to the family and friends. My heart goes to the officer that survived. He must be having a hard time coping with the death of a fellow officer and his involvement.

I know what you mean about knowledge of the area....I used to be a Deputy Sheriff assigned to the Lomita station. Thank you for posting such compasionate thoughts from Chile. Raydog

Wow, I'm from Manhattan Beach and Lived many years in Torrance too. Went to Mira Costa and South Torrance High. I know Rex personaly from when I lived and worked In El segundo. Super cool guy. Sorry to see this. And this is why I bailed the South Bay! Too many idiots.

Back