1 Engineers Perspective and Worldview.

Everyone is pointing to it being a big conspiracy, and it is a conspiracy, in the legal sense of the word where people are conspiring in secret to carve up the world. But that's an old story, people have been doing it ever since the first city-states developed. The British did it, Hitler did it. But at some point the "Plan" is out in the open and it's obvious. Well I'd say the plan has been out in the open for some time but people are just too dumbed down to recognize it, too engaged in their own little struggles and pleasures to care.

If I could sum the issue it it would be this way. There is only so much wealth and Energy on the planet and we can't all have a share. From 1945 to 1980 there was enough. That's what all the cheap energy bought us. But since then it's been a game of musical chairs. Where is the wealth of the masses? In depreciating houses and units (not land bubble prices) and in the various digital markets, Stocks, bonds, Derivatives, Crypto. That's where all the peasant's wealth is, and it only has value because mutual agreement say it does. In 1933 it was agreed it didn't, the banks failed the markets crashed and the last hope of wealth preservation for the peasants, Gold, was appropriated.

People need to understand that they are basically peasants on a big estate and their rulers are those men behind the scenes who control the flows of capital and own all the real assets. The average housing unit in an average city is worthless without electricity and supermarket supplies. The average productive farmland on the other hand will always have value. If it can stay productive. The reset will come and all these insane prices of shares and homes will plummet. Then what? What's your Plan B.

Productive farmland here in the U.S. has sadly been dieing quickly in recent years.
The goverment overreach and taxes have eaten up most of the small farmers profits, and hurt the large farmers badly too.
One of many manufactured problems...

Productive farmland here in the U.S. has sadly been dieing quickly in recent years.
The goverment overreach and taxes have eaten up most of the small farmers profits, and hurt the large farmers badly too.
Here it has got to the point that off-shore investors (mainly China) have been gobbling up the "mom and pop" farms and through channels have been diverting product and profit to their home country bypassing the Canadian government...

It's sad to see these once proud farms be equated to a business, the old ornate farm houses are left to fall down or be converted into office spaces and migrant workers are billeted in Atco trailers on site....there is zero loyalty to Canada or the community by these corporations....

Quite correct, a manufactured problem. Just like the covid lockdowns here where people were told to stay at home unless it was essential, What was essential? Shopping at large corporate stores, Supermarkets, Kmart, Bunnings hardware. But if you had a little shop, you were forced by law to close and go bankrupt. Doctors were allowed to stay open, and pahracies of course, but not Gyms or chiropractors etc. So no alternate healthcare allowed. The dots connect all the way back to a one world government, a one world store, a one world bank etc. Oh you'll be given a choice, like the choice between two political parties that are really working for the same bosses, the big corporations.

We Are Doomed Reaction GIF

Even here in Canada we are influenced by global influence and we too are affected by refugees and migrants, our population has increased by 1 million people as a result of global conditions which has placed a very harsh strain on our medical care and housing....

Heavily sanitized RCMP report on the next 5 years.
It's a threat index, of sorts, but the topics covered are really quite laughable I thought. I have little faith in government and every reason to believe they coverup much that the people should know. Of course they counter this with accusations of "conspiracy theories", and round and round it goes.

Depending on your world outlook you may find this page either interesting or paranoidial

Quite correct, a manufactured problem. Just like the covid lockdowns here where people were told to stay at home unless it was essential, What was essential? Shopping at large corporate stores, Supermarkets, Kmart, Bunnings hardware. But if you had a little shop, you were forced by law to close and go bankrupt. Doctors were allowed to stay open, and pahracies of course, but not Gyms or chiropractors etc. So no alternate healthcare allowed. The dots connect all the way back to a one world government, a one world store, a one world bank etc. Oh you'll be given a choice, like the choice between two political parties that are really working for the same bosses, the big corporations.
Woah. . . Careful, you’ll be labeled a “conspiracy theory nutjob” if you keep talking like that around here lol.
Of course anyone with a properly functioning brain and a suspicion/knowledge of corruption in Government by the power hungry narcissistic people that seek these positions of power (and the salary and perks that come with it) will recognise your position and belief system immediately!
I personally couldn’t possibly comment on any of this being true or false, for fear of my untarnished reputation being sullied in this social arena that we have here.
Ummm… did I just . . .

Heavily sanitized RCMP report on the next 5 years.
It's a threat index, of sorts, but the topics covered are really quite laughable I thought. I have little faith in government and every reason to believe they coverup much that the people should know. Of course they counter this with accusations of "conspiracy theories", and round and round it goes.

Depending on your world outlook you may find this page either interesting or paranoidial
Something is going to happen, that's for sure....

We had a large peaceful trucker convoy descend on our nation's capital that was ignored by the government and then ordered dismantled through the emergencies act.....

The current government in Canada has to be voted out....hopefully that happens...

It's interesting how many people actually see a lot of this stuff going down but openly deny it because their job will be at risk if they spoke out publicly. That is especially true in the financial sphere. I like to ask people, in a genuine concerned way, if they believe the covid vaccines were as safe and effective as the government told us. Approached in the right way people will always be willing to tell you what they believe. Based on their answer I either except them as a fellow human or reject them as dangerous government Agent Provocateur lol.

It's like a 1000 posts we've seen on this forum have been rehashed again....

We on this forum have been all through the Covid pandemic and all that it stood for both good and back....and then some....

Then we had a few hundred posts on the "one world order" and the idea that there would be one government, one bank, etc running the earth.....

What we concluded from all these posts (and there were a lot of them) is that if someone has a thought in their head, nothing that can be typed on this forum can either sway or enlighten them so we are better to stick with what can be quantified.....

What we concluded from all these posts (and there were a lot of them) is that if someone has a thought in their head, nothing that can be typed on this forum can either sway or enlighten them so we are better to stick with what can be quantified.....

Well I tend to look a little deeper than mainstream quantified data myself. I think that began when I saw the posters in the banks in the 1980's that were promoting their "Products" Products I thought? They handle accounts and loans, where is the produce. Well it turns out that was the period where they were redefining Gross Domestic Product to include all home loans and other financial dealings. Banking services 'grease the wheels of industry' they are not the wheels of industry. Unfortunately our GDP had been falling for years due to de-industrialization and it was starting to be an embarrassment for the incumbent governments, hence the new metric. Debt basically became a product, the product that fueled economic growth. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are near a chair when the music stops.

Here in my town I am surrounded by people suffering financially, some will lose their homes, some their marriages, all because of poor economic decisions that were based on government quantified advice. But that's to be expected, someone has to pay for all this excess don't they.

" household debt doesn't matter." Alan Greenspan 2004
I don't know anyone around here with a half million dollar mortgage that believes that.

BTW I didn't start this thread. I'm just trying to keep with the topic.

Well I tend to look a little deeper than mainstream quantified data myself. I think that began when I saw the posters in the banks in the 1980's that were promoting their "Products" Products I thought? They handle accounts and loans, where is the produce. Well it turns out that was the period where they were redefining Gross Domestic Product to include all home loans and other financial dealings. Banking services 'grease the wheels of industry' they are not the wheels of industry. Unfortunately our GDP had been falling for years due to de-industrialization and it was starting to be an embarrassment for the incumbent governments, hence the new metric. Debt basically became a product, the product that fueled economic growth. Nothing wrong with that as long as you are near a chair when the music stops.

Here in my town I am surrounded by people suffering financially, some will lose their homes, some their marriages, all because of poor economic decisions that were based on government quantified advice. But that's to be expected, someone has to pay for all this excess don't they.

" household debt doesn't matter." Alan Greenspan 2004
I don't know anyone around here with a half million dollar mortgage that believes that.

BTW I didn't start this thread. I'm just trying to keep with the topic.

I know I am not an economist nor am I a financial professional or expert so I can neither support or deny what you are typing.....

Do I think many people live far beyond their needs and are in constant peril of going bankrupt.....I do....

Do I think that economies of the world are in trouble and the cost of living has sky-rocketed beyond the reach of the younger generation.....I do.....

Do I have an answer as to what will correct this.....I don't.....I'm not qualified enough for that....

Years ago one of my subordinates came to me with a problem one of his troops were having financially....this troop was getting good pay along with certain allowances we got so I was a bit perplexed...

The first tip off was the new F350 duelly he was driving......I found out later he had a 25' boat, a couple side by sides and the list went on and on so he was living far beyond his means...

We placed him into financial counselling but it seemed that he had an addiction to spending money...often money he didn't have and all his credit cards and line of credit were maxed to the max and beyond....my eyes were opened as this addiction was (to us) as bad as any addiction to drugs.

He ended up leaving our unit and going to another out of our command because in our line of work we just couldn't have a distracted member out on the missions we did.

Since then, I've seen this time and time again on a lesser scale......but this is an individual problem compounded by a governmental problem, our current government has this affliction-they are addicted to spending money placing our country farther and farther into debt. They are drunk with spending taxpayer money on stupid things with very little thought.

I know a lot of stuff has been rehashed here before, and many past events, like the Kennedy assassination really do need to be left in the inactive box. There is no harm in rehashing other subjects though if they have a bearing on the future. I find it a good mental exercise to rehash some, explore possibilities and try and predict future actions. Not wholly for the sake of discussion either. Predicting future actions by governments can mean the difference between poverty and comfort in old age.

Case in point: Global financial crisis of 2008.
Down hear everyone's life savings are in superannuation funds, over 50% of which is invested in the stock market, and 50% of that 50 is invested in US markets. The rest typically is in building units, like inner-city hi-rise, nursing homes and with whoever wants to build but can't afford it. This all began in the 1980's and is under the control of faceless men who sprang out of nowhere. Just think of it, 2Trillion dollars, the entire wealth of 2 or 3 generations all locked away in digital accounts controlled by greedy pigs and overseen by corrupt governments. What could possibly go wrong?

In 2008 it went wrong. The markets collapsed by 50% across the globe. To many this collapse was a given and I read many of those pundits in the years leading up to 2008. I had removed all moneys from these digital markets and when the crash came actually made money! But the typical worker and retiree saw their nest egg plummet overnight. There was widespread panic and as always people couldn't see the forest for the trees, many called their super funds as the share market fell and demanded out of the High risk share portfolios. "Certainly" they were told, "but there will be a a processing delay" The delay was two weeks and by the end of it these people were out, but at half the price in many cases. They had lost that money, it was gone forever.

I look around today and see the exact same market dynamics, Overvaluation basically. Will there be another collapse? Nothing surer, but collapses are happening all the time. The US tight oil collapse, the SPAC (Wework, doordash, Zoom, et al) collapse, now the collapse of the EV market. Car sales are not the issue, the collapsed share-market is the issue. So over the past decade Trillions have been lost from Pension funds worldwide. They are basically cash cows for anyone with their hands on the udders. If you have a billion dollar startup you entertain the men controlling these funds and persuade them to invest in your company. It's as simple as that.

Private pensions were created in all Western nations in response to the future failure of public pensions. Social security payments will dry up one day and as each year passes they become increasingly worthless because of inflation so the new Superannuation, IRA and other funds sort of made sense. And if they had have existed outside of the corrupt financial system they may have worked, but I doubt it even then. They are all based on growth, economic growth of 8 or 10% per annum and the modern world simply can't keep up with that. Those rates were a product of the cheap energy years, those years are over.

I see a principle at work, the richer the nation, the more leisure time it's people have, the less attention they pay to these matters. They are too busy enjoying life and tend to have a mindset that doesn't allow them to see fundamental changes as bad. In this they are greatly aided by the endless stream of TV propaganda that tells them the "latest innovation" will change the world and bring riches to all. They assume tomorrow will be much like today, hopefully better! And so they blithely go their way. Other people though on the other side of the fence are thinking quite differently. They are merciless in their pursuit of wealth and readily exploit this "happy days" mindset.

$47 Billion dollars, that was the valuation of Adam Newmann's WeWork at IPO. It collapsed and thousands were put out of work and their options (retirement savings) were next to worthless. Hundreds of thousands of other people who had invested in the company lost too, But Adam walked away with 2 Billion, he's set for life. I watched some of the videos with him onstage telling the audience how WeWork was the future. It was the future. His future, not theirs. Did he screw up? No! He made 2 Billion dollars and took it out of the company before it collapsed. He's no screwup, he's just an example of a modern day Robber Barron. Why couldn't people see this? Because they weren't looking that's why. They were watching the magician's tricks and never stopped to question the viability of the business. Was it the covid lockdowns? Sure that was a big part of it but the company would have collapsed eventually anyway. Covid just hastened the inevitable, the collapse of "Bullshit Jobs" that were created over the past numerous decades would have killed it anyway. Google it "Bullshit jobs" Jobs that add nothing to the economy, that came about as the inevitable consequence of making money by shuffling money around. WeWork IPOd @ $500 a share. It's 20 cents today. $47 Billion in capital gone, *poof*

So we rehash this stuff and look for future dangers to our own way of life. Immigration trends, do I need to move away to a locality that won't be crime ridden in 10 years? Future pandemic lockdowns, do I need to change jobs into a field that won't be effected by these? My business was insulated from the pandemic, I was lucky there, who could have seen that madness coming? But lesson learned for many others if they choose to learn it. So yes I'm happy to rehash serious events, there is much still to be learned from them.

I know a lot of stuff has been rehashed here before, and many past events, like the Kennedy assassination really do need to be left in the inactive box. There is no harm in rehashing other subjects though if they have a bearing on the future. I find it a good mental exercise to rehash some, explore possibilities and try and predict future actions. Not wholly for the sake of discussion either. Predicting future actions by governments can mean the difference between poverty and comfort in old age.

Case in point: Global financial crisis of 2008.
Down hear everyone's life savings are in superannuation funds, over 50% of which is invested in the stock market, and 50% of that 50 is invested in US markets. The rest typically is in building units, like inner-city hi-rise, nursing homes and with whoever wants to build but can't afford it. This all began in the 1980's and is under the control of faceless men who sprang out of nowhere. Just think of it, 2Trillion dollars, the entire wealth of 2 or 3 generations all locked away in digital accounts controlled by greedy pigs and overseen by corrupt governments. What could possibly go wrong?

In 2008 it went wrong. The markets collapsed by 50% across the globe. To many this collapse was a given and I read many of those pundits in the years leading up to 2008. I had removed all moneys from these digital markets and when the crash came actually made money! But the typical worker and retiree saw their nest egg plummet overnight. There was widespread panic and as always people couldn't see the forest for the trees, many called their super funds as the share market fell and demanded out of the High risk share portfolios. "Certainly" they were told, "but there will be a a processing delay" The delay was two weeks and by the end of it these people were out, but at half the price in many cases. They had lost that money, it was gone forever.

I look around today and see the exact same market dynamics, Overvaluation basically. Will there be another collapse? Nothing surer, but collapses are happening all the time. The US tight oil collapse, the SPAC (Wework, doordash, Zoom, et al) collapse, now the collapse of the EV market. Car sales are not the issue, the collapsed share-market is the issue. So over the past decade Trillions have been lost from Pension funds worldwide. They are basically cash cows for anyone with their hands on the udders. If you have a billion dollar startup you entertain the men controlling these funds and persuade them to invest in your company. It's as simple as that.

Private pensions were created in all Western nations in response to the future failure of public pensions. Social security payments will dry up one day and as each year passes they become increasingly worthless because of inflation so the new Superannuation, IRA and other funds sort of made sense. And if they had have existed outside of the corrupt financial system they may have worked, but I doubt it even then. They are all based on growth, economic growth of 8 or 10% per annum and the modern world simply can't keep up with that. Those rates were a product of the cheap energy years, those years are over.

I see a principle at work, the richer the nation, the more leisure time it's people have, the less attention they pay to these matters. They are too busy enjoying life and tend to have a mindset that doesn't allow them to see fundamental changes as bad. In this they are greatly aided by the endless stream of TV propaganda that tells them the "latest innovation" will change the world and bring riches to all. They assume tomorrow will be much like today, hopefully better! And so they blithely go their way. Other people though on the other side of the fence are thinking quite differently. They are merciless in their pursuit of wealth and readily exploit this "happy days" mindset.

$47 Billion dollars, that was the valuation of Adam Newmann's WeWork at IPO. It collapsed and thousands were put out of work and their options (retirement savings) were next to worthless. Hundreds of thousands of other people who had invested in the company lost too, But Adam walked away with 2 Billion, he's set for life. I watched some of the videos with him onstage telling the audience how WeWork was the future. It was the future. His future, not theirs. Did he screw up? No! He made 2 Billion dollars and took it out of the company before it collapsed. He's no screwup, he's just an example of a modern day Robber Barron. Why couldn't people see this? Because they weren't looking that's why. They were watching the magician's tricks and never stopped to question the viability of the business. Was it the covid lockdowns? Sure that was a big part of it but the company would have collapsed eventually anyway. Covid just hastened the inevitable, the collapse of "Bullshit Jobs" that were created over the past numerous decades would have killed it anyway. Google it "Bullshit jobs" Jobs that add nothing to the economy, that came about as the inevitable consequence of making money by shuffling money around. WeWork IPOd @ $500 a share. It's 20 cents today. $47 Billion in capital gone, *poof*

So we rehash this stuff and look for future dangers to our own way of life. Immigration trends, do I need to move away to a locality that won't be crime ridden in 10 years? Future pandemic lockdowns, do I need to change jobs into a field that won't be effected by these? My business was insulated from the pandemic, I was lucky there, who could have seen that madness coming? But lesson learned for many others if they choose to learn it. So yes I'm happy to rehash serious events, there is much still to be learned from them.
Speaking of 2008... did you ever see Steve Croft's ( 60 Minutes ) segment titled "The Bet the Blew Up Wall Street"? it gave us a quick overview about how it all came together for one giant rug pull. The Commodities Futures and Modernization Act of 2000 signed by none other than Bill Clinton paved the path for Wall Street to open up the casino of credit default swaps and derivatives. Would you like to bet on people not paying their mortgages? Wall Street had a betting parlor set up just for that purpose... and it was un regulated... imagine that!

We are at that precipiece again.... this one is a number of times bigger than the last one. I am just waiting for the rise in unemployment now to push the economy over the cliffs edge.

I am just waiting for the rise in unemployment now to push the economy over the cliffs edge.
Unemployment went up 2 tenths of a percentage point to a respectable 3.9%. We’re getting and keeping jobs.

Unemployment went up 2 tenths of a percentage point to a respectable 3.9%. We’re getting and keeping jobs.
So, as people tap into their 401 Ks and run up credit card debt to survive as they are doing right now... how does that change the economy short term? How long before the 401ks are depleted and the credit cards are maxed out?

So, as people tap into their 401 Ks and run up credit card debt to survive as they are doing right now... how does that change the economy short term? How long before the 401ks are depleted and the credit cards are maxed out?
Doom and gloom huh? There’s always going to be people that spend above their means and others that are so careful it hampers their quality of life. Are you hesitant to say the current economy is decent because a Democrat is in office? The situation is similar to pre COVID when Trump was president. Could it be that politics don’t inspire or affect the American public as much as you think? What ever will we talk about then? Maybe Wuzza’s right and I’m insane for trying to reason with you.

Doom and gloom huh? There’s always going to be people that spend above their means and others that are so careful it hampers their quality of life. Are you hesitant to say the current economy is decent because a Democrat is in office? The situation is similar to pre COVID when Trump was president. Could it be that politics don’t inspire or affect the American public as much as you think? What ever will we talk about then? Maybe Wuzza’s right and I’m insane for trying to reason with you.
You are not paying attention to current financial dynamics. Trends are real... people respond in mass when certain events take place. Executives, CEO's and Bankers also respond in certain ways when events alter the trajectory of the economy. The American financial economy is running on credit... credit that is burdened with interest. Have you ever considered where the interest money comes from? I will tell you... it comes out of the expanding money supply being put into circulation. Where does that money come from? it comes from the Fed through the US Treasury. Essentially everything related to the money supply comes through the Fed. There are a few exceptions... like buying precious metals that are considered their own form of money and sit outside the money fiat supply. You still had to trade dollars to obtain those commodities. When you sell it you will be stuck with fiat currency once again unless you barter it for something else. Even then, getting people to accept silver, gold, platinum and other metals is an arduous task. Yeah, I know... none of this makes much sense to you. There really is very little money worth the paper it was printed on if it were not for a strong belief in its value. Strong beliefs are subject to circumstances. If America was bombed with an EMP tomorrow and our grid needed a years worth of repair just to get close to being back to where we re now. How long would it take for the dollar to plummet in value? Why do bond markets get shaken? Its because confidence gets shaken... its because current events affect markets... Just look at the history of finance in nation states. How many countries have failed and had to reset in the last 150 years?

So, go ahead and tell me I am the doom and gloom guy here. Doesn't matter to me... my finances are ok at this time.

Oh... one more thing.... dem or pub... it makes very little difference.... all fiat based currency systems are prone to failure because of the abuses occurring by those that control it. Ever notice how law makers in DC vote themselves a raise and the bill passes every time?

Speaking of 2008... did you ever see Steve Croft's ( 60 Minutes ) segment titled "The Bet the Blew Up Wall Street"? it gave us a quick overview about how it all came together for one giant rug pull.

We are at that precipiece again.... this one is a number of times bigger than the last one. I am just waiting for the rise in unemployment now to push the economy over the cliffs edge.

Perhaps? I did watch some TV based stuff back then but only online, I don't own a TV, an idiot box. It's pretty naive to believe that banks, governments and corporations are not actively involved to enrich themselves @ our expense. The Meme, and I don't know its origin, is that "they" would never let things get too bad because they need us. The truth is, they need "some" of us. To work in the factories, the fields, as security, doing their menial work. The whole concept of democracy has hidden these facts in plain sight. People believe that voting has power. It doesn't when all parties are beholden to wealthy interests.

As for unemployment, if it was calculated the way it was in 1970 the rate would be 30% today. What does it mean when you work one hour a week? As far as the gov is concerned it means you are employed.

People are considered employed if they do any paid work which contributes to production in the economy. For practical purposes, this means people who work for at least one hour a week are considered employed. This is consistent with approaches used internationally.

Back