09 Swingarm on an 01 Busa?

TexasBusa80

Registered
I have an 01 busa with brushed aluminum frame and swingarm but am wanting to black it out. I have the frame taken care of but I am wanting to get a black swingarm for it and I was wondering if there was any difference between the Gen 1 and Gen 2 swingarms. Most of the stock black swingarms for the Gen 1 that I am finding online are used but there are plenty of new oem black Gen 2 swingarms and I was thinking if it will fit then I would just get one of those. What are your thoughts? Also, if someone happens to have a black mildly extended swingarm just laying around I might be interested in buying it, so let me know. Thanks for the help.:thumbsup:

it will bolt to the frame,but there is problems with the rear brake setup. Forget exactly what. Just recall people having issues in that area. Gen1 and Gen2 rims are different also.

If can deal with the downtime...

Take yours off and powder coat it? Maybe have some extensions welded in? If you buy a different one then you have to put your in storage or try to sell. either way it one is coming off and one if going back on. Think a sponsor here can help with any needs you have.

Classifieds here or Ebay can pay off if willing to wait for that deal. :thumbsup:

You need a complete rear Gen 2 brake set up as well as a spacer needs to be modified

sorry a lot more - at the end you need the entire! / complete! rear (not the tail/rear frame ;) ) of the gen2 incl. the gen2 rim
(only the rods from arm to shock´s base are similar)

and as far as i remember you have to modify the gen2´s swing-arm "had" - it doesn´t fit 1:1 into the gen1 frame
so you either have to cut / shorten the "head" or make spacers - I don't remember that fact completely and I don't have any exact measurements available.

the easiest (and cheapest) way i guess would be to powder coat , to anodize or to polish to mirror-like surface
a gen1 arm ;)

i myself would definitely always avoid this change,

although I have changed a lot and often to bikes - most extreme example is the gen1 fork and arm into my racetrack '84 yamaha fj1100.
but don´t ask for the hours and hours and the lots of money i needed to get it principally done and work with that fine manner as it does now.

You need a complete rear Gen 2 brake set up as well as a spacer needs to be modified
sorry a lot more - at the end you need the entire! / complete! rear (not the tail/rear frame ;) ) of the gen2 incl. the gen2 rim
(only the rods from arm to shock´s base are similar)

and as far as i remember you have to modify the gen2´s swing-arm "had" - it doesn´t fit 1:1 into the gen1 frame
so you either have to cut / shorten the "head" or make spacers - I don't remember that fact completely and I don't have any exact measurements available.

the easiest (and cheapest) way i guess would be to powder coat , to anodize or to polish to mirror-like surface
a gen1 arm ;)

i myself would definitely always avoid this change,

although I have changed a lot and often to bikes - most extreme example is the gen1 fork and arm into my racetrack '84 yamaha fj1100.
but don´t ask for the hours and hours and the lots of money i needed to get it principally done and work with that fine manner as it does now.
Howdy, the OP hasn't been active since 2011...just in case you were looking for a response from him....

Back