Swingarm... To paint, or powdercoat?

Fredyp33

Registered
I'm throwing on an extended swingarm over the winter and am not sure if I want to paint it myself, or have someone powdercoat it. I've been told that the stock swingarm is powdercoated from the factory, but I swear it looks to be just polished aluminum. Does anybody know?

I'm not too picky, but would really like the new swingarm to match the silver frame, as good as the original does.

Any advice?

Im assuming you have a GenII. I dont know if the arm is powdercoated or not. I do recommend you powder coat instead of paint for durability.

Actually Gen I.

Not an LE correct? So it is silver not black. My 05 was silver, not coated. I powdercoated it and everything else that was silver except the frame. Rearsets, brake arm...

Dont think you can PC the new swing arm to match your frame silver.

It's not an LE. Hmm. I think I'll make a trip to the local powdercoater and just ask him if it's powdercoated. He should know!

I say PC. Do it right, or dont do it- is my motto.
Posted via Mobile Device

do not paint the arm however tempting it will be, spend a few more bucks and go powder coat......

yeah do not paint if you are trying to match the silver. If the stock look doesn't match well enough for you PC it. The paint will have defects in it probably before you even finish reinstalling it on the bike :laugh:

Back