08 Hayabusa vs 1000 GSX-R

I have a 1K and took it to Daytona a few weeks back. From Lakeland to Daytona is about 120 miles...took me 3 hrs to get there (stupid Orlando traffic) and 1.5 hours to get home. By the time i got back my butt hurt soo bad! Im not sure if the gel seat would help much but i might have to try it!

Anyway, i have ridden a Busa, and the seat is MUCH more comfy, so i guess just like everyone else says, it depends on what kind of riding you plan on doing.

Because the 08 GSXR 1K is the overall best bike ever made
beerchug.gif

This is what I want...but, I'm just going to keep what I have a couple more years
smile.gif

GSXR1000K8_BlkGld_e28c30.jpg

You're right, they do run real close on the drag strip and the 1000 accelerates almost as fast and is a gem in the twisties or on the track.

When I was considering buying a new bike I thought "I want a GSXR750...but what if some guy pulls up at the light on a GSXR1000?...ok I'll get a 1000...but what if a guy pulls up on a Busa...?"

Soooo now I have two Busas
smile.gif

Stock for Stock on the top end, the GSXR1000 does pretty good but it can't match a Busa. I've spoken to the guy that holds the 1000cc production record and he ran 190MPH at Bonneville. My Busa tops that so....

There's a reason that the fastest sit-on motorcycles are all Busas.

Buying a busa because it has 20% more torque than a 1K is simply to lazy to shift. I hope I never get that old and lazy
cool.gif

I have owned a barn lot full of gixxers and busas as well and I can honestly say, if it's the fun factor you desire, by all means don't pass up the new GSXR1K. It's the sweetest ride you'll find on the market today with the best balance of massive power and excellent suspension (As far as factory suspension goes) does great wheelies, just check this one out. It's little wheelie video I put together on an 06 Gixxer. Turn your volume up and enjoy!

Linky

The new upgraded busa is also a real treat. It may be the best all around bike you can buy? Or at least in my opinion. The busa does everything well. It does the twisties remarkably well fot a fat chick, wheelies pretty well but takes some skill to balance and keep her up but still gets the job done. It is as good as you can get if you are into drag racing, launches like a rocket ship and the list goes on.

It totally depends on what your needs and desires are. The best option is to have both. If you can't do both, I'd recommend you ride both before making your decision.

Good Luck and welcome aboard. You can't go wrong with either bike.

Buying a busa because it has 20% more torque than a 1K is simply to lazy to shift. I hope I never get that old and lazy
cool.gif

I have owned a barn lot full of gixxers and busas as well and I can honestly say, if it's the fun factor you desire, by all means don't pass up the new GSXR1K. It's the sweetest ride you'll find on the market today with the best balance of massive power and excellent suspension (As far as factory suspension goes) does great wheelies, just check this one out. It's little wheelie video I put together on an 06 Gixxer. Turn your volume up and enjoy!

Linky

The new upgraded busa is also a real treat. It may be the best all around bike you can buy? Or at least in my opinion. The busa does everything well. It does the twisties remarkably well fot a fat chick, wheelies pretty well but takes some skill to balance and keep her up but still gets the job done. It is as good as you can get if you are into drag racing, launches like a rocket ship and the list goes on.

It totally depends on what your needs and desires are. The best option is to have both. If you can't do both, I'd recommend you ride both before making your decision.

cool.gif

Linky

First of all, 200 LBS is not considered FAT unless you are a 4 ft. Midget! Then I can see why you would be leaning towards the 1K... J/K
laugh.gif

You are talking about 2 different bikes totally. Each has it's own space in the world. That is why I own one of each. With a sh!tty rider on the 1k and a good rider on the Busa, can make a whole world of difference! Watch the pros run a busa around a track and you will see what it's limitations are...
Welcome to H.org
thumb_up.gif
i got one of each myself, both great bikes for different reasons.

cool.gif

Linky

Well hell, he only shifted once.... Or did he.

Try this
laugh.gif
242.33 Miles/hour

Last edited by a moderator:
if you plan on having a passenger the busa is the only choice.wife would kill me if I bought a 1k or for that matter a zx14.the busa is by far the more comfortable for the back seat.

I just sold my 07 GSXR1000 for the 08 Busa and I am quite happy. I wanted better cold weather protection and comfort on 5 hours rides. I do 4-5 track days per year at Mid-Ohio raceway and do very spirited Sunday morning rides in the twisties in southern Ohio. I am 6 ft tall and 200 lbs, and am an agressive rider that has spend the last decade on liter bikes. The Busa has been great. Super wind protection, no sore knees. It wheelies just fine and the twisties are no problem. Lets face it, at street pace the Busa can handle the bulk of what a skilled rider can throw at it. Who truely runs track pace on the street? Unless you are balling and shredding up your tires on the street the Busa corners and brakes as well if not better than top liter bikes of just a few years ago. The Gixxer 1000 is and awesome machine....for track days, 1 hour rides, and stunts. Otherwise the Busa just gets the job done in comfort and style with an ear to ear smile. Glad I made the switch. Cant wait to hit Mid Ohio on the Busa.

cool.gif

Linky

Well hell, he only shifted once.... Or did he.

Try this
laugh.gif
242.33 Miles/hour
I don't get it? What's seems to be so special about picking the front tire up knee high and shifting a couple gears?
dunno.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
You're right, they do run real close on the drag strip and the 1000 accelerates almost as fast and is a gem in the twisties or on the track.
Ahhhh, just to set the record straight, I guess we all have our own personal view points, but in Sport Rider (Aug 07) they had a completely STOCK GSX-R1000 K7 doing a 9.74 sec @ 149MPH through the quarter. I would think this would put the gixxer and busa even up in acceleration!?
Like stated within this thread, get the gixxer if your rides are predominantly in the twisities and the busa for a more comfortable sport/touring long hauler. 80 percent of my riding is done in the twisties with frequent rest stops, a long day trip to me is in the 200 - 300 mile range consisting of frequent stretch breaks along the way; so I sold the busa and got the gixxer and couldn't be happier. Simply put, canyon carving on the busa was a scary endeavor for a mediocre rider like myself, whereas the gixxer is more confident inspiring and allows me to be much more relaxed and better mountain road rider.

I just sold a 2006 gsxr 1000 and bought a new 2007 busa unless you are a serious backroad scratcher or going to be on the track all the time get the busa
it is a far superior bike for all round use and much more comfortable.

Ahhhh, just to set the record straight, I guess we all have our own personal view points, but in Sport Rider (Aug 07) they had a completely STOCK GSX-R1000 K7 doing a 9.74 sec @ 149MPH through the quarter. I would think this would put the gixxer and busa even up in acceleration!?
Like stated within this thread, get the gixxer if your rides are predominantly in the twisities and the busa for a more comfortable sport/touring long hauler. 80 percent of my riding is done in the twisties with frequent rest stops, a long day trip to me is in the 200 - 300 mile range consisting of frequent stretch breaks along the way; so I sold the busa and got the gixxer and couldn't be happier. Simply put, canyon carving on the busa was a scary endeavor for a mediocre rider like myself, whereas the gixxer is more confident inspiring and allows me to be much more relaxed and better mountain road rider.
hello.gif

Thanks everyone for their replies, great forum!

On paper, I guess the GSX-R is more appealing, as it will be the quicker bike in almost all cases due to handling. On paper the Busa will have an advantage past 140 mph, as the extra ponies will help with wind resistance at this speed, but where can we race on long straight roads in the US at speeds above 140 mph? Torque is not an issue, one has to just keep the revs up and enjoy the technology.

I still do 100 miles on a Sunday on a Colnago C40 (18lb bicycle keeps me in shape for the MX youngsters) so I can't imagine finding a GSX-R uncomfortable. If comfort, cruising and riding with the missee is important then perhaps we can add a Zook Boulevard to the collection later.

The best advice in this thread is to try and ride both before deciding, so we have a plan.

Later

Willem Martins

if you plan on having a passenger the busa is the only choice.wife would kill me if I bought a 1k or for that matter a zx14.the busa is by far the more comfortable for the back seat.
ZX14 is way more comfortable riding two's than the Busa. We dropped off my wife's ZX14 to the shop for the day to get serviced, then we rode back on my Busa. She said that the her bike was much more comfortable for that than my bike by far. She rode my bike once, and won't get back on.

BTW, I smoked and when I say smoked, I mean destroyed a '07 GSXR1000 on both my ZX14 and my Busa (I say their my bikes because I paid for both of them). I'll never buy a liter bike again for speed. They just can't match up. And I don't wanna hear, Oh, he must've been a bad rider. If you do the math, the torque alone and the ability to put more power to the road completely negates the weight difference between the zx14/Busa and today's liter bikes.

Hitting the twisties on the other hand is a whole different story.

Back