'08 Fairing Mod (Gteeing ANTZY!!!!)

As promised......pics after spraying them BLACK

Fairing.jpg

photo.jpg

Wow, I've never seen this mod before....... :poke:

:beerchug:

Vic, have you ever done this mod?

Last edited:
Postal what do you do for the Postal service? Carrier? Letter Handler?

I work for the Norfolk VMF!

this is an excellent winter mod! Go out to home depot or lowes an get a sheet of stucco grate. Measure the siE of the vents and cut a rectangle about 1.5 times the size of it. Put some thick gloves on, mechanics gloves, and push the grate down around the edges of the vent. Once molded use JBweld quickset house to stick them into place.
Posted via Mobile Device

Postal what do you do for the Postal service? Carrier? Letter Handler?

I work for the Norfolk VMF!

I work for Postal HQ in DC. I am a Program Manager for IT (Information Technology). 20 years service.

Great meeting you!

P.

:beerchug:

hey buddy that looks awesome!! I have been thinking about doing the same thing... What do you think, black, silver, or gold paint?

this is an excellent winter mod! Go out to home depot or lowes an get a sheet of stucco grate. Measure the siE of the vents and cut a rectangle about 1.5 times the size of it. Put some thick gloves on, mechanics gloves, and push the grate down around the edges of the vent. Once molded use JBweld quickset house to stick them into place.
Posted via Mobile Device

why dont you take a long weekend and ride down here to Texas to help me do the same thing.. :) lodging and beer is on me....

:thumbsup: Dude I would LOVE to go to Texas! I've never been down there before. It's really not that hard to do. If you want: Go out and get the supplies....Stucco grate, 5 min quickset epoxy J&B weld, tin snips, mechanics gloves, can of spray paint (Choice of color) and give me a call, you have my cell number and I'll walk you through it. It takes about 30mins to do your first vent , then after that you'll be done soon there after. You just have to get over the fact of doing something to your new bike. I got all the supplies out once before and I got too nervous and put everything back. Then I thought to myself, "Hey what's the use of letting everything sit there on the shelf and do NOTHING!" So I got up and acouple hours later......DONE!!!!

Dennis, just give me a call with ANY questions! That goes for all you guys too!

hey buddy that looks awesome!! I have been thinking about doing the same thing... What do you think, black, silver, or gold paint?

I went black because my color scheme is black/black. I didn't go with silver becuase I thought that it tarnishes very quickly and the only way to shine it up would be to use dremmel tool and take WAY TOO MUCH TIME to do. Gold, I never considered. Black is really easy......I sprayed about 6 coats on the grills and used vehicle grade color spray. So inorder to get dirt off of it you just spray it down with the hose and wipe clean!!!!:thumbsup:

Looks good bro! I got mine from vic, great guy with a great product. I love how mine turned out...

busa gold screens 005.jpg

busa gold screens 006.jpg

busa gold screens 002.jpg

WOW!! that looks kewl:thumbsup::thumbsup:.. I mite just do that to mine. I already have the bodwork off of it. Ive been doing some other mods to it,guess i'll do it b4 I put it all back together.

Back