06 PROBLEMS

H2447INTX

Registered
I just bought a new 06 busa 0miles 9950 out the door so i thought it was a good price. any how i just thought i would ask what if any problems you all have had with the 06 modle yr. i am new to the busa and i would like a heads up on what i might need to look for

thanks

Some complain about 2nd gear slipping.....but I dont think that is isolated to the 2006 model.

I love mine.

Welcome. We need pics of your bike to complete your acceptance.
biggrin.gif

Welcome! My '05 has had one issue; the shifter lever pivot bolt backed out was about to leave the shifter hanging by the linkage when I noticed it. Some members have reported problems with their bikes "jumping a tooth" in 2nd gear, high revs.

Also, there is a false neutral between 5th and 6th gears. Shift it like you mean it, and you will never notice it.

Also, this things costs too much money. Just when you get it just the way you want it, you find more mods are necessary. It becomes a constant battle to stay ahead of the mod frenzy around here.

Enjoy the ride, and hang on.

Watch 2nd for first thousand miles and also the false neutral above, shift really hard and give it time to go in gear until you are done with break in period. Also adjust your idle the first thousand miles. It needs to be a around 1100 to 1200 and they seem to slip down during breakin. Get the fake break in oil out asap and get some real oil in there too (will help with shifting).

3650 on the clock on mine with no problems. Concur with firm shift between 5th & 6th for best results. Also, keep the chain clean which helps with smooth shifting. Have fun!!

I have 9000 miles for the first 9 months of ownership on my 06. Not a single prob... Although, you better mean it when you shift 5th to 6th. Other than that??? nothing... best bike I have ever owned...
rant.gif

(Red05 @ Apr. 02 2007,15:08) Welcome! My '05 has had one issue; the shifter lever pivot bolt backed out was about to leave the shifter hanging by the linkage when I noticed it. Some members have reported problems with their bikes "jumping a tooth" in 2nd gear, high revs.
+2
beerchug.gif

I got 13k on mine now and its an 06. little bit of false neutral between 5th and 6th for about 6k or so. then gone. didnt really bother me to much. I did HAVE A REAL PROBLEM HOWEVER with the front left fork leaking. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 25 days out of warranty. dealer did cover it and everything is fine now. had me worried and ticket off at the same time. I know its a bike and it can have some problems but i mean come on. this should be almost like the last thing to go wrong on it... anyway thats it. otherwise runs like a raped ape and is perfect.... no other problems at all!!!!!

only thing i've had to watch out for on my 05 busa is that the curves at the end of the straights come up alot faster than on my 600!
wow.gif

Get a few miles on her B4 becoming to the MOD addiction! That was a steal of a price for a new one tx title and tag! OTD
bowdown.gif
super.gif
beerchug.gif

Hayabusa priceless New tires at 2400 miles ME-3s 202.58 bucks installed at local dealer That is my only problem oh yea and the first wheelie I did on wheelspin in first from 20 to 82mph it comes down smooth and the airplane landing noise it made 50 miles from home scared the crap out of me had to check tire pressure repeat process to ensure all was good, false neutral I hit it 2 or three times before 1st oil change. I did loose a bolt under the seat for the rear subframe before 600 miles too.

Back