Shifting Prob.

uncle

Registered
Hello all. I am having a problem when shifting into 6th gear. it seems that sometimes NOT all only at high speeds (freeway) that it doesn't want to go into 6th. It tends to have a hard time engaging the clutch. any thoughts or suggestions? it's an '06 LTD Busa.

PLEASE...

This is not a problem so to speak. There's a false neutral between 5th and 6th. I've been there a dozen times over the past 14K miles. When shifting into second and sixth gears you really have to do it like you mean business. You can lubricate the moving parts of the shifter and adjust the shifter, but in the end you just gotta kick it brother.

What they said...
smile.gif

Yup, that's sounds like a Busa tranny. Might get better if you go to synthetic oil. I am next oil change.

(BusaDale @ May 24 2007,01:42) Yup, that's sounds like a Busa tranny. Might get better if you go to synthetic oil.  I am next oil change.
I got a 2001 with full syn and never had an issue with false neutrals, but I can't tell you that it is from the syn oil or not. My bike had full syn in it when I bought it.

I guess i'm glad to hear that I just have to hit it harder (shifting that is). I just changed my oil to Mobil 1 full synthetic, the one specifically for motorcycles. I am thinking about changing to AmsOil at my next change, which I may do in a month or so.

Thank you all for your replies makes me feel a little bit better. I thought I might have to take it in and have it worked on.
smile.gif

bowdown.gif

5th to 6th is the only gear that my airshifter has trouble shifting into - I miss that shift maybe 20% of the time even with the air shifter.

Back