05 Newbie

Tweez

Registered
Hello All,

A few months ago I picked up a 05 Busa and have been spending time reading and shopping for mods and have revised my lists of stuff, which lead me to this site where I have been reading anything and everything, what ever I could find here.
With that beeing said I need some help from those who ride their customised bikes more than just show. I'm really thinking about stretching and putting a bigger wheel outback, due to cost it may be a 240, but I like the 300. I have riden with only one person on a 240 kit and he seemed not to have any problems riding the turns on the country back roads, although I have never riden on a bike with a stretch or 240. I wanted to get some feed back on those who are riding a 240 or a 300, or stock with a stretch. I was considering a mild stretch, 3-6inches didn't want the top of the tire at the tail light. Any help would be appreciated.

P.S. Also kicking around the idea of color matched powder coated wheels with gloss black center and spokes. I will include pics of a example.

Thanks

IMAG02021.jpg

IMAG0183.jpg

pp08.jpg

got a +6 stretch- love it! it stays down when you really hit it... standard width tho... just that happy with what i got:thumbsup:

oh BTW, :welcome:

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Fastfrog has a stretch 240 I believe and just rode the Dragon and Skyway. Maybe he could give you some insight.

:welcome: to the oRg :thumbsup: Fastfrog has a stretch 240 I believe and just rode the Dragon and Skyway. Maybe he could give you some insight.

Ok I hope he chimes in for the added reason I wanted to know how was the ride at the Dragon and Skyway, I saw that on super bikes a few years back.

Here I am :laugh:

The skyway and dragon are great rides, the skyway was more fatty friendly tho. I'm about 8 over?, I really need to measure it someday, anyway the bike will go through, just takes a bit more effort.
If your a knee draggin, suspension dialing in kinda guy, your gonna be made with a 240 and a stretch, but if ya just enjoy some curvy roads on the weekends, go for it.
I noticed during and after my trip that ride height front/rear plays a huge part in the handling with this setup. I had ly front about stock and rear as high as the soupy links would allow figuring this would be the best, nope. I dropped the front about 1.5 inches while I was in Tennessee, this helped, bit wasnt the greatest. When I got home, I lowered the rear a few turns and she feels great now. Not sure the height of the rear, the.stretch and 18 rim make it kind of awkward to measure compared to stock. I'll get some pics up tomorrow of where it sits now in case ya get the 240.
Feel free to pm if ya have any specific questions and I don't see em here. :thumbsup:

Droid via Tapatalk

FASTFROG

Thanks for all the info, i tried to read as much as possible before posting and looking at the setups to see what might be better, but when shelling out that much money, I said let me start asking some questions.
I'm not a knee dragger, but would like to be one day, right now I like riding on curving back roads or just crusing the country and blasting when possible. I was looking at buying the kit from this company, as they gave alot of info to the less informed and the kit comes in a raw finish, so I can powder coat the swing arm black and the wheels orange and black. Let me if this is too good of deal or if I still need other items not included in this kit. I have not called them or emailed them yet, I wanted to see if anyone else had any experience with them.
On another note where is the skyway and Dragons Back located? I would love to put that on my ride list for this year, I wanted to go every since I saw it on Super Bikes, would love to have riden it on my 750 to see the difference in the two bikes.

240 Fat Tire Kits

Back