240 tire kits?? an 300

MidnightBusainSD

Busa Rancher
Donating Member
Registered
Just wondering if anyone on here has a 240 tire kit and what you think of it? yeah i know there more of a looks thing i'm not loooking to get one anytime soon i am just curious.

Also is the one you have offset with a counter sproket like the 300;s? or with your 240 is there an offset on the arm?

And what was your ruff price when it was said and done?

They have 240's, 300's, even a 330...the 300 + 330's I have seen use a single sided
swingarm with a offset chain
wink.gif

All of them are $$$...people do ride them...but I don't care for the look
sad.gif

Well...I put a 240 on a VTX Honda....(stock a 180)...bike was a pig to begin with. It killed 10 rwhp and makes the bike total crap to ride because of how badly you need to slow to make a decent turn safely.

I have a buddy who wants a 240 on his Busa. I am willing to fab him a steel arm with a jackshaft so it can be done. IT will weigh a lot over a stock arm BUT I am not willing to accept the liability of the stress placed on an alum. arm.

I highly suggest you ask whatever shop that builds you such arm to attach a copy of their liabilty coverage if the arm fails. Not saying it can't be done. I am saying that so few will be done you will basically be the tester or failer per say.....no thanks.

Back