akro race vs evo?

mongot

Registered
Hi all, I just got my first busa and have been reading the posts to get an idea on what I want to do to it. only thing so far is a double bubble. integrated tail light is on the way. Thats gonna be it for now on the appearance, now i want to focus on power. I'm planning on pc usb, pair valve, bmc air filter, and full exhaust. My question is whats the difference between the akro race and evo line besides header material? Is there a power difference? Sound level? Also if any body has any sugestions im open to them. All responces appreciated, TIA

First off, welcome to the board!

I just purchased the Akra race and expect it to arrive this week.  There ARE differences between the Evo and the Race besides header material.
Both headers are stepped headers (exaust pipes taper in size to increase(?) velocity from the exhaust ports while maintaning high volume flow rates).  The Race is tapered from 38mm to 42mm and the Evo tapers from 40mm to 44mm.  

Now I'm  no exhaust expert, but the larger size of the Evo would indicate that it would create more HP for  bigger bore engine flowing alot of air.  This would also rob a stock motor of torque in low-mid range.  Unless you are building a 1397 with big lift cams, I would think the Race would be the way to go. (Hence the reason I chose the Race over the Evo)

You might also note that the Hindle, Arata and (I believe) Tsukigi Spec II all have tapers of 38mm -42mm.  I highly doubt it is coincidence.

So... my deduction (again I'm no expert) is use the Race for the street and mild built motors and the Evo for big modded bore motors where you're gonna be over 200 HP.

I always thought that Akro messed up and needed to swap the names between the two.

I recently purchased an Akra Race. Akra tech support said it is the same pipe except the Evo is titanium and the Race is stainless steel with a titanium or carbon fiber muffler. They both have the same dyno curve and increase peak power by about 10 hp on a stock bike. Check out their web site at www.akrapovic-ai.si
Cougar

Get The Race
super.gif

bike_4_003.jpg

(mongot @ Dec. 03 2006,12:32) Hi all, I just got my first busa and have been reading the posts to get an idea on what I want to do to it. only thing so far is a double bubble.  integrated tail light is on the way.  Thats gonna be it for now on the appearance, now i want to focus on power.  I'm planning on pc usb, pair valve, bmc air filter, and full exhaust.  My question is whats the difference between the akro race and evo line besides header material? Is there a power difference?  Sound level?   Also if any body has any sugestions im open to them. All responces appreciated,  TIA
u already got the specs. I've only heard an Evo on a Busa. And a Race on a Ninja 10.

I had the Evo, before moving up to the TiForce Sumo. The Evo is top notch...love that sound. Build is one of the best.

If money is an issue get the Race.

I heard from a local tuner that the EVO is the best. I have read hear in the past that it is also more of a street pipe. I believe the you can get the Race in Titanium, but maybe it's just the can.

Thanks for the info guys. I put my order in today should be here friday. I got the race model. Also ordered my Sugar Bowl tickets. It's gonna be an expensive month.

Back