New pics of the bike

Pipefighter248

Donating Member
Registered
Figured it was time to put up some pics of the bike.

Before

100_1991.jpg

Not sure of what I am going to do at the moment.
I am not really happy with the paint job, so I may just go ahead and paint it all a different color.
Decisions, decisions.

What? You don't like the color now? Gee..I think it is awesome the way it is..

runeight...

Is the quality not up to par? I didnt care for the blacked out spot on the kanji sticker...but still a beautiful bike. I have always admired the bike because of that color scheme....Wished I had an extra set of plastics and tank laying around...would definitely have swapped with you.

I have to agree with them pipefighter the bike looks friggin awesome . Some Tobin seats maybe but sometimes you just can't do better than perfect .

Looks like my bike (torn apart).

I think a dark color would look good with the chrome...maybe black with a blue pearl.

Paint quality isn't very good.
I'd say it's a 10' paint job.
Paint chip bad in places, coming off, bubbling, front fender broke and cracked.
I can try to repair the places or just shoot another color.
That Escalade white paint isn't cheap.

Nice looking bike, but if you want to repaint it, you can't go wrong with black or a deep blue or purple with that chrome.

Doesn't GMBusa have that solid orange bike? Now that kicks butt!!! Or you could paint it Black & Blue, like the '02......
super.gif

I feel you now . We just can't see it in the detail you can . From the pics it looks perfect . Paint chips would drive me crazy too .

Nathan, do yourself a favor and start with another body that has not been painted. That bodywork of yours has a couple colors and probly 2-3 coats of clear on it, you do not know the prepwork that was done so feathering the chips and respraying might be a bad idea.  Plus, the new paint you buy might react with the paint on there and wrinkle up. Then you have a REAL nightmare.  I suggest starting with some plastics off of a LE bike. Preferably 04' and up. Those plastics are easy to paint as you only have the stickers and the "S" on the tank to remove, then it's just a sand and shoot with no stripes to feather. Even if theres a couple scratches, it'll be alot easier to deal with. I know paintwork and will offer my knowledge to you, contact me with questions if you have them. The main thing you want to realize is not to have too much material buildup. Too much paint on the vehicle and things start popping and cracking. Kandy colors are famous for this, since you usually end up with 8-10 coats of material sprayed on.  New cars in the last few years have some great pearlesent paints that can be easily matched and look like custom colors. The downfall is that they require a vast amount of pearl added and that skyrockets the cost. When i shot my bike last year, i went in to get that 06' Nissan 350Z electric blue. The amount of pearl that color needed made it double the cost of a pearl from House Of Kolors(a well known color company). I've always liked the Tangelo Orange from HOK and that's how my Busa ended up orange.  Half the time i wish i got the blue.

Of course, i heard Creekboy offers a good deal on paintwork.  
firedevil.gif

ices_rofl.gif

(GMbusa @ Nov. 19 2006,10:40) Nathan, do yourself a favor and start with another body that has not been painted. That bodywork of yours has a couple colors and probly 2-3 coats of clear on it, you do not know the prepwork that was done so feathering the chips and respraying might be a bad idea. Plus, the new paint you buy might react with the paint on there and wrinkle up. Then you have a REAL nightmare. I suggest starting with some plastics off of a LE bike. Preferably 04' and up. Those plastics are easy to paint as you only have the stickers and the "S" on the tank to remove, then it's just a sand and shoot with no stripes to feather. Even if theres a couple scratches, it'll be alot easier to deal with. I know paintwork and will offer my knowledge to you, contact me with questions if you have them. The main thing you want to realize is not to have too much material buildup. Too much paint on the vehicle and things start popping and cracking. Kandy colors are famous for this, since you usually end up with 8-10 coats of material sprayed on. New cars in the last few years have some great pearlesent paints that can be easily matched and look like custom colors. The downfall is that they require a vast amount of pearl added and that skyrockets the cost. When i shot my bike last year, i went in to get that 06' Nissan 350Z electric blue. The amount of pearl that color needed made it double the cost of a pearl from House Of Kolors(a well known color company). I've always liked the Tangelo Orange from HOK and that's how my Busa ended up orange. Half the time i wish i got the blue.

Of course, i heard Creekboy offers a good deal on paintwork.
firedevil.gif
ices_rofl.gif
Yeah, I think I'll hit Creekboy up.

I planned on stipping the paint on there now and just shooting a single color. Was looking on GM's website and sorta like the 07 Corvette Atomic orange metallic tintcoat and the Silverado's Dark blue metallic.
Also, had a 99 TA that was navy blue metallic that I liked a lot, was dark blue and at different angles would look purple or black.
Going to shoot it all single color if I do.

Main question which I sent smokingunz and he hasn't responded is how much paint does it take to cover an entire busa? All bodywork, hump, undertail, and mirrors.

Back