Back from the track!  9's????

Got-Busa?

Donating Member
Registered
Most of you have probably read my previous posts from last night! I didn't think I was ever going to get in the 9's on an all stock/lowered Busa.

Fed up with my 60' times, I finally decided that I was going to just let the clutch out until it started to wheelie on me and go from there.

Well...........I just wanted to let you guys know that tonight was the night! I still need some practice getting the 60' down but at least I am headed in the right direction.

60' 330' 1/4 MPH
(1)1.666 4.379 10.060 138.79
(2)1.680 4.376 10.049 139.31
(3)1.716 4.400 10.046 138.34
(4)1.674 4.369 10.025 139.78

(5)1.663 4.359 9.993 139.23
(6)1.633 4.304 9.933 140.23

What I was even more surprised at was that not one of these runs was perfect. Every single pass could be improved and that is okay with me because I got my 9.99 just like I wanted.

Next week I'll have the Pipe and other mods that have been sitting in my living room on and we'll see how low I can go?

Anyone want to guess?

I just want to thank anyone that read/listened to my bitching and everyone that helped me get faster!

Thanks,

Josh :super:

P.S. I picked up 3-4 MPH and a few tenths by shifting without the clutch lever. If you haven't tried it yet, start practicing!

Hell yeah!!! :super: I wasn't any help but I've been following yer threads and waitin' to see this! Congrats on bustin' a 9 on yer busa. :beerchug: :drink:

By the way, did you play with the shift points too? Or are you still shifting at redline? :super: Inquiring minds want to KNOW!! :D

I tried shifting just before Red line on a couple and lost a few MPH!

Just remember that it's all in the launch but it does help to take it a little higher in the RPM's. I shift at 11,200 RPM indicated!

I am still struggling to get it out of the hole properly! So as everyone says more practice...practice...practice........

Josh :beerchug:

I can't wait to put mine on the strip even though I expect my numbers to suck. I've never dragged a bike before. I've tried to do some practice launches on my driveway but it's a biotch the way the clutch works. I seem to bog it every time. :mad:

BulletTrain,

Quick and smooth on the clutch and keep your RPM's up above 4k! Also LOCK your arm and wrist as one. Hold your arm at about a 45 degree angle. Then when you give it gas/accel. move your hole arm/wrist as one.

Your arm is a lot smoother than just moving your wrist. If you start to jerk your wrist wants to turn back and forth on the throttle causing you to do it even more.

The first 60' is what it's all about! I was getting in the 1.74-.80(60') range on a stock height BUSA launching it WRONG! So just practice and get your technique down. The times will come with practice....practice....practice....

Josh :D

Good job...I need practice, practice and some more practice...

Just thought you guys might want to see a picture of the 9 second beast! :super:

Copy_of_PICT0013.JPG

Hey BulletTrain?

I notice you take some really nice pictures. How do you get so much light in all the right areas? Do you use some kind of reflector/mirror to brighten up your shot?

Hey Monster, it's STOCK I promise! :beerchug: I thought all BUSA's came with a strap from the factory!?!? :tounge:

Pics are always nice. It looks so stock. What a sleeper, huh? :super:  :super:
What about the strap, and the mirror b/o plates, and the fender trim........that things done big time.......stock yeah right.  :tounge:  :tounge:
Looks good G-B
So, ummm, how many horsepower are mirror b/o plates, a strap and a rear fender trim worth there monsta? :super: We're not talkin' the Revlis 25 hp fender trim here, just a minor shave. :laugh: It's just still hard for me to believe that a $10k production bike can run that freakin' quick with such minimal mods. Remember, I come from the Mustang world where anything in the 9's was at least minitubbed and had a fairly radical power plant with either a supercharger, turbo or big time N2O. Nothing anywhere near stock was that quick in my previous world. :eek:

Hey BulletTrain?

I notice you take some really nice pictures.  How do you get so much light in all the right areas?  Do you use some kind of reflector/mirror to brighten up your shot?

Hey Monster, it's STOCK I promise!  :beerchug:   I thought all BUSA's came with a strap from the factory!?!?  :tounge:
Some of my pics are made with fill flash and some just have the tones adjusted on Photoshop afterward to bring out detail where I want it. It all depends on what I'm shooting and what the lighting conditions are. :D

Pics are always nice. It looks so stock. What a sleeper, huh? :super:
What about the strap, and the mirror b/o plates, and the fender trim........that things done big time.......stock yeah right.  
Looks good G-B
So, ummm, how many horsepower are mirror b/o plates, a strap and a rear fender trim worth there monsta? :super: We're not talkin' the Revlis 25 hp fender trim here, just a minor shave.  :laugh: It's just still hard for me to believe that a $10k production bike can run that freakin' quick with such minimal mods. Remember, I come from the Mustang world where anything in the 9's was at least minitubbed and had a fairly radical power plant with either a supercharger, turbo or big time N2O. Nothing anywhere near stock was that quick in my previous world.   :eek:
Oh.....I figure the aerodynamic advantage given by the b/o plates must be the equivelant of about 4-5 hp on the big end.
Then then launching advantage given by the strap must be good for an equivelant of about 8 hp or so.......then the fact that there's less wind movement, and therefore less turbulance......around the rear section of the bike afforded by the heavily modded flap.....must be good for at least another 15 hp.........and you call that thing stock.......she's puttin down at least 180 ponies. :tounge: ;)
I need

MSF,

All I need now is a few stickers to get the HP over 200 at the tire! I think a couple NAWZZZZZZ (N2O for people that haven't had to deal with RICERS!) stickers will do the trick, that has to be worth about 20 HP!

Cache,

That's a stock windscreen! It does look kind of funny how the light hits it.

Anyone else see any total trick, TOP SECRET mods on my bike? j/k

Josh

MSF,

All I need now is a few stickers to get the HP over 200 at the tire!  I think a couple NAWZZZZZZ (N2O for people that haven't had to deal with RICERS!) stickers will do the trick, that has to be worth about 20 HP!  

Cache,

That's a stock windscreen!  It does look kind of funny how the light hits it.  

Anyone else see any total trick, TOP SECRET mods on my bike? j/k  

Josh  
:tounge:

Back