New "BUSA" Owner

reward69

Registered
Well I would first like to say that this is my first entry on this site, and might I add that I have found the information here invaluable. I recently purchased a 2003 Silver and Grey Busa and I love it. I have owned three street bikes prior to this and I can say that I have finally reached my goal of owning one. My first bike was a 1991 CBR600, then a 2001 Harley Softail Deuce (big mistake), a dual sport, and now the BUSA. Luckely the bike that I found was very low milage and unmollested, completly stock other than a BMC filter. I have recently ordered clear front turn signal lenses and some Yosh TRS cans. I dont currently plan on modding to heavily, but if you knew me thats just kidding myself. Still in a high degree of respect for this bike, the excelleration is unreal for what I came from. Even though I have been 6.40's in the 1/8 in my 70' Dodge Dart, this thing is unreal!! Well I mainly wanted to compliment you guys on a great informative site and you will be hearing from me often.....

Congrats and welcome
biggrin.gif

Great to here from you guys, I'll have some pics in a day or two, I've got the fairing off the bike waiting on the UPS to bring my turn signals. Its been raining for two days and is supposed to rain most of the weekend so I didnt want to put them back on just to take them back off. But I'll get them in a day or so. I've had the bike for about two weeks and have been checking out this board to look for ideas on what or what not to do, believe me this has been very helpful in deciding which way to head in the future. My wife loves to ride and I have been amazed how good of a doubling machine this is. Most of the newer sport bikes would kill someone our ages!! We rode for over 200 miles the first day I got it and the only thing that was sore was our behinds!! But that wasnt too bad either, just needed to get used to riding again. Ive seen some posts of people asking if this would be a good first bike?? IMO I wouldnt reccomend this bike to someone that has never owned a bike before.I have raced motorcross as a kid through my mid twenties and owned decent street bikes, but this thing could get someone with not so good decision making and riding skills in big trouble fast!! This things requires a very high degree of respect (most of that comes in your mid thirties (like I am), when your nuts shrink to there current size)LOL... But with good common sense and respect this can be one enjoyable machine.

One good story from just the other day (BUSA respect). Where I live there arent many sport bikes, (big retirement community). The other day as was riding down one of our main drags which is a 5 lane and a good place for a quick drag if your in the mood?? As I was coming down I noticed a sport bike coming up from behind pretty fast. As he approached he came up right behind me and then let off and hung back. Well just up the road I turned into a gas station to top off and this guy pulls in beside me. He procedes to compliment me on my bike (due to the lack of BUSA's in the area) and we talk for a minute or so. I told him that I havent had it long and that I thought this might have been a chance to have my first race. (BTW) he was on a 600Kaw. He then stated (Im not crazy) thats why I backed off, Ive had my a** kicked before by one of these I dont need another one!! LOL....

Good story! Definitely not the last time that will happen.

Congrats on the new ride man!

Welcome to the ORG!

ANYTHING you want to know about your new passion can be found here.:)

I had an GSX 1100ES and I had uploaded fully but that was old thechnich than my wife says I want a cooper than we bougth a Virago XV1100 and I said I need to ride so I had order an HAYABUSA and I need your advise to modification witouth killing it. Which pipe and headers should I use brain and speedmeter where can I find cheap.???

Back