buyoutofstate.com comes through!

FJRider

Registered
Well around noon today my Blue & Silver Busa was delivered in a crate. It took about 2 hours to get it out of the crate and get it put together. Fun stuff (except for the damn heat)! Getting the beast out of the crate was the toughest part. After that I installed the brake & clutch levers, windshield, battery, handlebar ends, and that was about it!

The only minor bad part is; I have 4 fairing bolts left over. I'm sure two of them go at the bottom of the fairing, under the engine, although it looks like a small bracket is missing that ties the two fair halfs together. Not sure about the other two fairing bolts! I snapped a picture of them. Anyone know? I'll call tomorrow and talk to the dealership to find out. Other than that, everything went together easily.

Unfortunately the dealership dropped the ball. My paperwork which should have been here a few days ago won't be here until tomorrow. Not a big deal I guess.

Anyway, if anyone reconigizes these fairing bolts, please let me know where they go. And also, is there some small bracket at the bottom of the fairing half that hold the two fairing half together? If so, I think I'm missing it.

Would I purchase another bike via out-of-state purchase? Yes, definitely! I ended up saving around $1200 and got to put SuziQ together myself. Fun stuff!

MVC_732F.JPG

hope this helps.. RED = small bolts Yellow = big

I can see in the first pic where you are missing a bolt at the bottom.

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: "ima big dummy"|1120222964 -->

busa_bolts.JPG

Daymmm, Fresh out of the crate!
biggrin.gif

And as for the bolts, the 2 small one go where you said, and YES, there is a small brackek tying the twq together. Ane the other two might be the one,s that screw in the frame, mabe right behind the oil glass, or right in the center.
Did it come with the plastic,s off?

looks like you may need this part.. 519773-001 located on bike bandit for 7.12

Its the last item on the page ( number 19 ) of the UNDER COWL INSTALLATION PARTS for the hayabusa.

<!--EDIT|fstAZfk
Reason for Edit: None given...|1120224180 -->

untitled.JPG

Thanks for the quick response! This is really a great forum!

fstAZfk - Thanks! Excellent picture. I'll check those spots here shortly.

busa1300nut - Yes, the bike came with the windshield off. Those two rubberized bolts were easy to identify.

Here's another picture of Suzi-Q half out of the crate. (It was a bit tough moving it off the crate base by myself - but I managed somehow!

MVC_725F.JPG

The bigger bolts may be the ones that attach the belly pan for the lower fairings.

The metal bracket goes from this screw I highlighted in yellow to the other side fairing

bracket.JPG

I think those two bigger bolts go on the belly pan about 4 inches infront of the rr wheel

Ah ha! Based on the bikebandit diagrams, I see where the extra bolts are suppose to go! I'm missing a piece of fairing, eh? I'll be calling the dealer tomorrow!
smile.gif

MVC_733F.JPG

If im not mistaken your bike came from the dealer I use. Locally it's Calmes motorsports.

Back