2005 GSXR 1000 with bad welds and broken frame

I am really worried. i hope it is just an isolated issue and only on the 1000's

Boy if this turns out to be more than just an isolated incident this could spell big trouble for Suzuki.

personally I dont buy it though.

wow.gif

You all can see it now, that lighter isn't better !!!
No structure to the super lightweight litre bikes.
Great #'s in the magazines and elsewhere, but I'll choose my 550 lbs "wet" Busa over them everytime.
It does and will conquer ,all other bikes in the real world riding enviornments we all travel .
So don't get your panties in a bunch, this is an isolated incident that will be figured out.( Race bike?)
Or it's just a bunch of internet Bull twinkies to get us all twisted ?

My guess is, breaking the frame was the result of the crash, not the cause of the crash?

I seen a busa after a crash with the same type of broken welds up by the steering head. Your busa frame is just as thin as that gixxer!

I would also guess that the weld broke during the crash, but the slider doesn't look like it took much of a hit. The bike may have hit a barrier with the front tire before the frame broke. The direction of spreading, and the front wheel with ALL broken spokes, makes me really wonder about it actually hitting something while intact. If you run a motorcycle into a wall at about 100MPH the frame and front wheel would look about the same as that one.

imo, there is no way a frame weld will give up at 100mi. that too a modern chasis.. just another set of internet crap...

Front rim broke every spoke. One picture shows the wheel impression on the oil cooler. I see as the Front wheel caught the engine from below forcing the engine upward. Busting the frame near the front engine mounts.
No good the weld did bust. A good weld is stronger then the surrounding metal. Photos show very little Weld penetration into the base metal. It fracture completely on the weld is bad engineering. A lapped joint area would be better.

<!--EDIT|Bronto
Reason for Edit: None given...|1116881514 -->

Lighter has nothing to do with it. This "tough" busa frame cracked very easily. I did it personally at less than 60 mph.

3_Aug_04_141.jpg

Notice the small impact ont the wheel in the above picture, that should tell you the story...

3_Aug_04_140.jpg

Yup he it right!! Its not about the weight of the frame... its about the kind of welding!! And weldings genrally dont give up under "moving" forces... its the "trauma" that makes it give up!! In BusaFvever's case maybe a un notices pothole.. or a speed breaker!!

hard to believe a weld would crack right in the middle, usually it happens along the side of the weld itself....
I'll check mine out aft work.

It wasn't the frame that caused the wreck. It was the crash that caused the weld to break.

Back