Fuel prices where you are ?

1653413471413.jpeg

200.gif

I just read where one of our liberal leaders said the good thing about high gas prices is more people will bicycle to work....

The guy obviously hasn't looked out his window in a long while and realize just how big this country is and how far many people's commute is..

Just goes to show how detached these leaders are from the people they are supposed to be serving.

I just read where one of our liberal leaders said the good thing about high gas prices is more people will bicycle to work....

The guy obviously hasn't looked out his window in a long while and realize just how big this country is and how far many people's commute is..

Just goes to show how detached these leaders are from the people they are supposed to be serving.

...along with the bs they spew to try and sell it to us, lol.

I tried cycling my 9 mile commute last December,let me just say there was hardly no work completed that day then it started to rain in the afternoon so got the train home.The bike is still at work and my wife has asked where the bike is so I told her it must have been stolen lol

It’s a seldom occurrence for people to actually reside near their workplace. Those few are quite lucky. Lengthy commute distances have become the norm, sadly. I wonder just how long the worldwide fuel reserves are supposed to sustain us, and by us I really mean, those powerful enough to afford it when it dwindles. I’d figure that the US guvment must be keeping enough to fuel any war effort we might be involved in but for how long? Five, ten years? Will we be forced to risk more environmental damage to suck up as much fuel from the ground as possible? Or will we figure out how to gain our energy needs from other sources. Those who can’t bend with the wind will snap. And the wind is certainly blowing.

I tried cycling my 9 mile commute last December,let me just say there was hardly no work completed that day then it started to rain in the afternoon so got the train home.The bike is still at work and my wife has asked where the bike is so I told her it must have been stolen lol
In my area, commuting to work on a bicycle is almost impossible, the roads aren't set up for bicycles and vehicles to share.

The biggest factor is the long winter and vast amounts of blowing, drifting snow along with bitter cold...then summer comes along and it is hot and humid...

Then there's the distances...many people here have an hour commute...in a car....imagine how long it would be on a bicycle. Even in a city the commute times are long in a car

Just like @WuzzaCBXRider said, people don't generally live close to work anymore...maybe that will have to change in the future?

I'm from the Kansas City area and we are up to $4.45 for 87. Been going up in $0.20 jumps every other day though.

Anyone want to buy a stroker motor CTSV making 508 to the wheels N/A? :crazy:

I'm from the Kansas City area and we are up to $4.45 for 87. Been going up in $0.20 jumps every other day though.

Anyone want to buy a stroker motor CTSV making 508 to the wheels N/A? :crazy:

I hear you about the V. I recently sold my -18mpg STSV and got a cream puff ‘15 Lexus with a V6 and managed 27.5 mpg on a recent trip. Gas near me is in the low to mid $6 range. It’s nearly $25 for a tank full on either bike. A 15 gallon fill up on the Lexus is nearly $100.

$12 a gallon (4 litres) here in NZ.
It now cost me $55 to fill the Busa from near empty.
And guess what?
Fuel prices WILL get worse over the coming years.
About the same here for fuel.....I wish it was only $6.00 a gallon like @WuzzaCBXRider is paying...

I put in $25.00 in the bike yesterday and it was around a half tank....so it would cost me around $50 or so to fill it...

Back