Fuel prices where you are ?

In central Kentucky, the fuel prices drive me crazy. Not because of how expensive, but how much they change day to day or even time of day. We can vary from 10-20 cents above national average to 40-50 cents below within a DAY. The reason is that Marathon Oil has a monopoly on the market. The largest retailer here is Speedway (owned by Marathon Oil), all the wholesalers get their product from Marathon Oil (so, it doesn't matter where you get your fuel, Exxon, BP, Shell, it's Marathon), and of course the only refinery is Marathon.

Currently, 87 is around 2.59 ... 93 is 3.19 .. diesel is 3.09 ... of course tomorrow morning, they could go up by 50 cents...

In central Kentucky, the fuel prices drive me crazy. Not because of how expensive, but how much they change day to day or even time of day. We can vary from 10-20 cents above national average to 40-50 cents below within a DAY. The reason is that Marathon Oil has a monopoly on the market. The largest retailer here is Speedway (owned by Marathon Oil), all the wholesalers get their product from Marathon Oil (so, it doesn't matter where you get your fuel, Exxon, BP, Shell, it's Marathon), and of course the only refinery is Marathon.

Currently, 87 is around 2.59 ... 93 is 3.19 .. diesel is 3.09 ... of course tomorrow morning, they could go up by 50 cents...

That kind of crap shouldn’t be legal. The gas in the tanks at the gas station has already been paid for by the distributor and by the gas station owner. If the pump price is raised by 10 cents are we to believe the gas station owner is made to pay more for the gas he’s already paid for that’s (already) in his tanks? BS!:mad:

That kind of crap
should not be legal .

The gas in the tanks at the gas station
has already been paid for by the distributor
and by the gas station owner .

If the pump price is raised by 10 cents
are we to believe the gas station owner
is made to pay more for the gas he has
already paid for that is ( already )
in his tanks ?

Bull
$hit !

:mad:

You guys are killing me with the low gas prices, lowest near me in Palm Beach is $2.09 gal

After my ride on the weekend I filled up with super unleaded (UK) from shell
The price was a whopping £1.90 per LITER,

It cost me almost $50 to fill my 5 gal jerry can for the lawn tractor...so I'd imagine it'd cost me that to fill the bike....crazy....

Yet people are oblivious to the cost of fuel judging by the way they are driving-like lunatics...

This was an RV filling up

937BA7FB-5B53-441D-AB70-4A697D239ADC.jpeg

Back